RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to activate a tool by script-fu for then using it interactively

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2015-11-05 12:26:57 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

Dear experts,

I would like to prepare a script-fu function for selecting a tool with prepared tool options.

For example, there's a use case for always drawing (free hand) with a pencil, wich must be a 2px line in red. So, I want to write a function, which selects the pencil and sets the pencil's options to 2px.

What I found is the function "gimp-pencil", but if I understand right, this function is used to imediately draw a line between given coordinates. But I only want to prepare the pencil tool, so that the user daws free-hand, but with my pre-defined settings.

Which function can I use?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers! Joe Son

2015-11-05 14:53:08 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

Dear experts,

I would like to prepare a script-fu function for selecting a tool with prepared tool options.

For example, there's a use case for always drawing (free hand) with a pencil, wich must be a 2px line in red. So, I want to write a function, which selects the pencil and sets the pencil's options to 2px.

What I found is the function "gimp-pencil", but if I understand right, this function is used to imediately draw a line between given coordinates. But I only want to prepare the pencil tool, so that the user daws free-hand, but with my pre-defined settings.

So, I just found out, how to use the functions "gimp-context-set-brush-size" and "gimp-context-set-foreground". But I don't yet know how which function to use for selecting the pencil as current tool...

Joe Son

Neal Weissman
2015-11-05 20:04:29 UTC (over 8 years ago)

sorry to be a pest .. how do i unsubscribe from receiving gimp emails?

​​ the forums will not accept my login - something about a wrong username/password combination - and the “change password” mechanism has the effrontery to protest to my face that i have entered an incorrect email format !

/s/ Neal Weissman

nweissma@gmail.com 718-681-7609

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:53 AM, JoeSon wrote:

Dear experts,

So, I just found out, how to use the functions "gimp-context-set-brush-size" and
"gimp-context-set-foreground".
But I don't yet know how which function to use for selecting the pencil as current tool...

Joe Son

-- JoeSon (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Ofnuts
2015-11-05 20:17:25 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On 05/11/15 15:53, JoeSon wrote:

So, I just found out, how to use the functions "gimp-context-set-brush-size" and "gimp-context-set-foreground".
But I don't yet know how which function to use for selecting the pencil as current tool...

AFAIK there is no such function.

Btw, once you have selected the Pencil, you can save and recall sets of options for it... (the two icons at the bottom left of the Tool options dialog) (this also true for most tools).

Michael Schumacher
2015-11-05 20:19:43 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On 11/05/2015 09:04 PM, Neal Weissman wrote:

Unsubscribe from the mailing list. ​​

the forums will not accept my login - something about a wrong username/password combination - and the “change password” mechanism has the effrontery to protest to my face that i have entered an incorrect email format !

Well, you are probably not subscribed to the forums then.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
Gene Heskett
2015-11-05 21:45:35 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On Thursday 05 November 2015 15:04:29 Neal Weissman wrote:

A, a top posting winderz user, never reads past the first screen of the message. If you press the down arrow, the next to last line of the message contains a clickable link to the list membership control page. You can un-subscribe from there, but you MUST reply to the confirmation message the server will send you.

However, once kmail was able to be restarted, it did resurrect the message, this one, that I was preparing to send when the crash occurred. So here it is also. And I note that I was grepping for the wrong name, it was Neal Weissman, my mistake.
​​

the forums will not accept my login - something about a wrong username/password combination - and the “change password” mechanism has the effrontery to protest to my face that i have entered an incorrect email format !

/s/ Neal Weissman

nweissma@gmail.com 718-681-7609

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:53 AM, JoeSon wrote:

Dear experts,

So, I just found out, how to use the functions "gimp-context-set-brush-size" and
"gimp-context-set-foreground".

Joe Son

-- JoeSon (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Cheers, Gene Heskett

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Genes Web page