RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

copy & paste

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

copy & paste medevac121 04 Nov 16:53
  copy & paste Richard 04 Nov 21:29
2015-11-04 16:53:52 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

copy & paste

I would like to know why is it when I copy and paste an image on top of another that when I do it the image I am coping always shows up smaller when pasted.

Richard
2015-11-04 21:29:48 UTC (over 8 years ago)

copy & paste

There could be several reasons. Check the following:

- If the target image is displayed at a smaller Zoom setting than the source image, a.k.a. the image you're copying actually IS smaller than the target image you're pasting it to.

- If you have a selection active on the target image and use the "Paste Into" command (instead of just "Paste"), the pasted area will be masked (cropped) to that selection.

- If the copied image is a larger size canvas than the target image, you'll need to expand the canvas (Image > Fit Canvas to Layers is a good command to know about) otherwise the image you're copying will get cropped to the canvas edges.

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:53:53 +0100 From: forums@gimpusers.com
To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
CC: notifications@gimpusers.com
Subject: [Gimp-user] copy & paste

I would like to know why is it when I copy and paste an image on top of another that when I do it the image I am coping always shows up smaller when pasted.

-- medevac121 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list