RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

blur-gauss-selective gives segment fault when applied to the L-component of a LAB decomposition

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

Helmut Jarausch
2015-10-04 16:22:03 UTC (over 8 years ago)

blur-gauss-selective gives segment fault when applied to the L-component of a LAB decomposition

Hi,

using the GIT version from Sept, 30th, I get a segment fault in the blur-gauss-selective filter.

I first decompose the image into LAB and try to invoked this filter on the L-component. It crashes immediately before showing the options window.

Is this known not to work?

Thanks, Helmut

Elle Stone
2015-10-04 16:40:21 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On 10/04/2015 12:22 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

using the GIT version from Sept, 30th, I get a segment fault in the blur-gauss-selective filter.

I first decompose the image into LAB and try to invoked this filter on the L-component. It crashes immediately before showing the options window.

I also get a segmentation fault (babl/GEGL/GIMP updated from git a couple of days ago). The GEGL gaussian blur works just fine, but the selective gaussian blur seg-faults.

Michael Natterer
2015-10-08 10:17:29 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On Sun, 2015-10-04 at 12:40 -0400, Elle Stone wrote:

On 10/04/2015 12:22 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

I first decompose the image into LAB and try to invoked this filter on the L-component.
It crashes immediately before showing the options window.

I also get a segmentation fault (babl/GEGL/GIMP updated from git a couple of days ago). The GEGL gaussian blur works just fine, but the selective gaussian blur seg-faults.

My fault, fixed in git:

ommit e3b24af3d06f6a77372c330f371afaae1979d3ac Author: Michael Natterer
Date:   Thu Oct 8 12:15:06 2015 +0200

plug-ins: fix crash in blur-gauss-selective.c     
    Must not call the deprecated gimp_drawable_preview_get_drawable() on a
    preview that was not also created using the deprecated     gimp_drawable_preview_new(). Instead, pass the GimpDrawable to     preview_update() using the signal's user_data.

plug-ins/common/blur-gauss-selective.c | 11 +++++------  1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)