RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

16 bit import - how to

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

16 bit import - how to Helmut Jarausch 23 Sep 12:44
  16 bit import - how to Alexandre Prokoudine 23 Sep 13:26
  16 bit import - how to Partha Bagchi 23 Sep 22:09
Helmut Jarausch
2015-09-23 12:44:38 UTC (over 8 years ago)

16 bit import - how to

Hi,

how can I import a raw (.rw2) file with 16bit color depth. I'm using the GIT-version of gimp. I have the ufraw plugin installed here but it seems to interpolate the colors to 8 bit only. The standalone ufraw has an option --out-depth but this doesn't seem to be used when I open a raw file in Gimp.

What am I missing?

Many thanks for a hint, Helmut

Alexandre Prokoudine
2015-09-23 13:26:16 UTC (over 8 years ago)

16 bit import - how to

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

how can I import a raw (.rw2) file with 16bit color depth. I'm using the GIT-version of gimp. I have the ufraw plugin installed here but it seems to interpolate the colors to 8 bit only. The standalone ufraw has an option --out-depth but this doesn't seem to be used when I open a raw file in Gimp.

What am I missing?

Nothing ;) You just need to use the standalone version until the plugin code is adjusted to benefit from high bit depth support in dev version of GIMP.

Alex

Partha Bagchi
2015-09-23 22:09:05 UTC (over 8 years ago)

16 bit import - how to

If you have compiled UFRaw correctly against GIMP 2.9 then click on the "Color Management" tab and change the output mode to 16.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

What am I missing?

Many thanks for a hint, Helmut

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list