RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Changing Layer Opacity produces visible color gradient steps

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Changing Layer Opacity produces visible color gradient steps erickfis 16 Sep 19:06
  Changing Layer Opacity produces visible color gradient steps Ofnuts 17 Sep 20:04
2015-09-16 19:06:49 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

I created a layer filled with black, above the original image layer, and then changed the opacity of the black layer, so it would darken the original image. I have to do this because its a mask created from a selection.

Works like I wanted BUT produces a visible gradient color steps which are not wanted on my final exported jpg. See attachment and you will understand what I'm talking about.

Please help me to fix it.

Ofnuts
2015-09-17 20:04:53 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On 16/09/15 21:06, erickfis wrote:

I created a layer filled with black, above the original image layer, and then changed the opacity of the black layer, so it would darken the original image. I have to do this because its a mask created from a selection.

Works like I wanted BUT produces a visible gradient color steps which are not wanted on my final exported jpg. See attachment and you will understand what I'm talking about.

Please help me to fix it.

Attachments: * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/216/original/gimp-gradual.jpg

Is your XCF (or a representative cropped part of it) available somewhere?