RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

More newbie python gimp help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

More newbie python gimp help Richard Taylor 20 Oct 19:49
  More newbie python gimp help Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 20 Oct 19:26
  More newbie python gimp help John Dietsch 20 Oct 21:26
Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-10-20 19:26:08 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 15:49, Richard Taylor wrote:

I know I am being really dim but...

Where do I put a python-fu script to get gimp to load it? I have tried the .gimp-2.0/scripts directory and /usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts (where all the .scm files are).

I can't find any of the existing python-fu plugins either but they must be there somewhere because gimp shows some in the menus.

Sorry for being so dim, but it is not in the python gimp documentation either.

Regards

Richard

Hi..
In the Plug-ins directory. That is:
gimp-2.0/plug-ins
and
/usr/share/gimp/2.0/plug-ins

In a Unixish systems they also have to be set as executable by everybody (chmod 755 , or by GUI).

Unlike scheme scripts they behave as full plug-ins,, including appearing in the "repeat/reshow last filter" menu opptions on the filters menu.

Richard Taylor
2004-10-20 19:49:37 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Where do I put a python-fu script to get gimp to load it? I have tried the .gimp-2.0/scripts directory and /usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts (where all the .scm files are).

I can't find any of the existing python-fu plugins either but they must be there somewhere because gimp shows some in the menus.

Regards

Richard

John Dietsch
2004-10-20 21:26:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Do you have Python installed???
John Dietsch

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Richard Taylor wrote:

Regards

Richard