RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[Fwd: Re: Text tool problem]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[Fwd: Re: Text tool problem] Balas Mark 19 Oct 10:40
Balas Mark
2004-10-19 10:40:30 UTC (over 19 years ago)

[Fwd: Re: Text tool problem]

Hi!

As I said before, I have a serious problem with the text tool: after selecting it and start typing anything, GIMP closes its windows and exits. Last time I wasn't able to answer every questions:

Sven Neumann wrote:

It would probably help to start gimp from an xterm (or whatever terminal emulator you prefer) and check if there's any output on the console.

The output is the following:

[trychydts@localhost trychydts]$ /usr/local/bin/gimp

(gimp:2212): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type `' in cast to `GimpConfigInterface'

(gimp:2212): Gimp-Config-CRITICAL **: file gimpconfig-utils.c: line 300 (gimp_config_sync): assertion `GIMP_IS_CONFIG (src)' failed

(gimp:2212): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1319 (g_object_ref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(script-fu:2213): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read(): error Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I guess that your problem is a somewhat broken font that causes problems with the libraries that handle fonts for GIMP. Does this happen with whatever font you choose?

I haven't tried all, beacause I have about 300 fonts installed, but it seems to be the case.

What versions of freetype and
fontconfig are you using?

Freetype 1.3.1, fontconfig 2.2.1

Mark Balas