RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

try gimp again

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

try gimp again Donald Miller 25 Aug 17:43
  try gimp again Michael Schumacher 25 Aug 18:04
Donald Miller
2015-08-25 17:43:44 UTC (over 8 years ago)

try gimp again

Latest version is 2.8.14. My usage in Jan 2013 said ver 2.8.2. Obviously different, so what happened to versions? I'm trying to make some business cards. It is NO help that text point size keeps going to 2.2,for direct or pasted entry. This suffices to kill Gimp. What would let me set and forget font and size? (like a.p.s., that other program)

Regards, Donald A. Miller

Michael Schumacher
2015-08-25 18:04:21 UTC (over 8 years ago)

try gimp again

On 08/25/2015 07:43 PM, Donald Miller wrote:

I'm trying to make some business cards. It is NO help that text point size keeps going to 2.2,for direct or pasted entry. This suffices to kill Gimp. What would let me set and forget font and size? (like a.p.s., that other program)

You should describe what you are doing - GIMP will use any font size you tell it to.

But you should also consider to use a more appropriate application than an image manipulation program to create business cards - Scribus would be a powerful application for that, but might be overwhelming, especially if you are already struggling with basic GIMP usage.

LibreOffice should perform nicely, any images you need for the card can be created and/or edited in GIMP.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD