RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Undesirable File/Open Behavior

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Undesirable File/Open Behavior George Misdary 17 Aug 05:22
  Undesirable File/Open Behavior Owen Cook 17 Aug 06:04
George Misdary
2015-08-17 05:22:56 UTC (over 8 years ago)

OK, so I’ve noticed what seems to be a bug in GIMP. I’vegotten it to do this three times now.

I’ll post it in a more appropriate location, once I confirmI’m not crazy.

If I have a gimp session open, and have been working in itfor a while, I’ve noticed that if I double-click on an XCF file, to open it;GIMP dumps my existing open session, with NO warning whatsoever, and reopensanew, with the requested image.

Any (unsaved) work done in the previous session simply…vanishes.

Subsequent attempts to open other XCF files from that pointon, just open a new window, as expected; in the same session.

I’m not sure what it takes to trigger the other less desirable…let’s call it ambitious open/file process, other than time. After it does this…thing, I can open and close GIMP repeatedly and it works as one would expect –openinga new window in the same session. But for some reason, after a session has beenopen for a while (think days), clicking an XCF file to open it, causes theexisting GIMP session to abort/abend/awhig-out?

This is 2.8.14 on a Windoze 7 machine.

Thoughts?

Owen Cook
2015-08-17 06:04:25 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 3:22 PM From: "George Misdary"
To: "gimp-user-list@gnome.org"
Subject: [Gimp-user] Undesirable File/Open Behavior

OK, so I’ve noticed what seems to be a bug in GIMP. I’vegotten it to do this three times now.

I’ll post it in a more appropriate location, once I confirmI’m not crazy.

If I have a gimp session open, and have been working in itfor a while, I’ve noticed that if I double-click on an XCF file, to open it;GIMP dumps my existing open session, with NO warning whatsoever, and reopensanew, with the requested image.

Any (unsaved) work done in the previous session simply…vanishes.

Subsequent attempts to open other XCF files from that pointon, just open a new window, as expected; in the same session.

I’m not sure what it takes to trigger the other less desirable…let’s call it ambitious open/file process, other than time. After it does this…thing, I can open and close GIMP repeatedly and it works as one would expect –openinga new window in the same session. But for some reason, after a session has beenopen for a while (think days), clicking an XCF file to open it, causes theexisting GIMP session to abort/abend/awhig-out?

This is 2.8.14 on a Windoze 7 machine.

Thoughts?

Well it doesn't behave like that with LinuxMint-17.2, maybe a Windows thing?

Owen