RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

PaintDotNet/pdn files

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

PaintDotNet/pdn files Scott Gilmour 01 Aug 21:23
  PaintDotNet/pdn files Alexandre Prokoudine 01 Aug 21:31
Scott Gilmour
2015-08-01 21:23:26 UTC (over 8 years ago)

PaintDotNet/pdn files

Hello I just downloaded GIMP and I've mainly worked with Paint.Net so most of my work is saved on a pdn format, is there any way you can make it so that GIMP can read those files? Or a way of converting each file at least would be nice. Because from the looks of it you can read Photoshop files, so why not pdn?

Thanks,
From Scott

Alexandre Prokoudine
2015-08-01 21:31:34 UTC (over 8 years ago)

PaintDotNet/pdn files

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Scott Gilmour wrote:

Hello I just downloaded GIMP and I've mainly worked with Paint.Net so most of my work is saved on a pdn format, is there any way you can make it so that GIMP can read those files? Or a way of converting each file at least would be nice. Because from the looks of it you can read Photoshop files, so why not pdn?

Hi Scott,

Simply put, so far nobody needs PDN support so much that he/she would work on this feature.

As far as I can tell, Paint.NET is capable of reading/writing OpenRaster files (at least via a 3rd party plugin), and OpenRaster is what free software like GIMP, Krita, MyPaint and others use to exchange multilayered project data.

Alex