RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP copying "Layer Group" accross images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP copying "Layer Group" accross images Saren 17 Jul 11:08
  GIMP copying "Layer Group" accross images Joao S. O. Bueno 17 Jul 13:32
   GIMP copying "Layer Group" accross images Ofnuts 17 Jul 18:59
Saren
2015-07-17 11:08:34 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

Hi,
I have been trying to copy a "Layer Group" with many layers and sub layer groups inside to another image with the same size and properties. Sadly I can't manage to copy it somehow. I copied with CTRL+C and CTRL+V, then I press anchor and it disappears. So I read that a copy needs to be associated with a layer. So I created a new transparent layer and copied then. A floating selection appeared as usual. Anchoring this merged all children layers in the layer group and sub layer groups into one layer. This is also not nice, because I may want to edit text fields or drawing of particular layers in that original layer group. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance!
Cheers,Saren.T

Joao S. O. Bueno
2015-07-17 13:32:15 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

Have you tried dragging and dropping the layer group into the new image? (It works in master, not sure it is already implemented in 2.8)

On 17 July 2015 at 08:08, Saren wrote:

Hi,
I have been trying to copy a "Layer Group" with many layers and sub layer groups inside to another image with the same size and properties. Sadly I can't manage to copy it somehow. I copied with CTRL+C and CTRL+V, then I press anchor and it disappears. So I read that a copy needs to be associated with a layer. So I created a new transparent layer and copied then. A floating selection appeared as usual. Anchoring this merged all children layers in the layer group and sub layer groups into one layer. This is also not nice, because I may want to edit text fields or drawing of particular layers in that original layer group. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance!
Cheers,Saren.T
_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Ofnuts
2015-07-17 18:59:51 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

Works on my 2.8.10

On 17/07/15 15:32, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

Have you tried dragging and dropping the layer group into the new image? (It works in master, not sure it is already implemented in 2.8)

On 17 July 2015 at 08:08, Saren wrote:

Hi,
Cheers,Saren.T