RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

What happened to old fonts?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

What happened to old fonts? bloody knuckles 22 Jun 01:19
  What happened to old fonts? Kevin Cozens 22 Jun 18:25
bloody knuckles
2015-06-22 01:19:46 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

My old computer (windows 7) crashed and when I got a new one (windows 8.1) and downloaded the new version of gimp (2.8) one of the best fonts was missing. I use this font (victorian LET thin) for labeling products I make and now I can't even go in and edit previous versions of these labels I had saved. I have no idea how to write code or get a new font to work in the new version. Can anyone help with this? Perhaps in the simplest terms possible?

thanks

Kevin Cozens
2015-06-22 18:25:20 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

On 15-06-21 09:19 PM, bloody knuckles wrote:

My old computer (windows 7) crashed and when I got a new one (windows 8.1) and downloaded the new version of gimp (2.8) one of the best fonts was missing. I use this font (victorian LET thin) for labeling products I make

The fonts which ship with Windows varies from release to release. If you can't access the set of fonts on the hard drive from the machine that ran Windows 7 you will have to look somewhere else to try and find (or buy) a new copy of the font.

Once you have the font you just copy it to the Fonts directory under C:\Windows.

Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include  |             --Chris Hardwick