RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

drag and drop operations don't work when recording screen

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

drag and drop operations don't work when recording screen flyingdutch 15 Jun 12:02
  drag and drop operations don't work when recording screen Michael Schumacher 15 Jun 17:10
   drag and drop operations don't work when recording screen flyingdutch 15 Jun 17:19
2015-06-15 12:02:54 UTC (almost 9 years ago)
postings

I have a problem/buig with the following operations :

-Open a dockable dialog box and drag it into a dockable windows (by dragging the tab) -Moving layers op and down by selecting them and dragging -Moving channels up and down by dragging.

All the above operations work fine when I run GIMP 2.8.14 . However, when I run screen recording software , they don't work anymore.

Detail: I start Camtasia Studio 8.5.2 (Build 1999) or Movavi Screen Capture Studio 5.0.0 . I click on "record screen". The screen is now surrounded by a selection box, ready for recording. At this moment (and the same when I actually start the recording), the above operations don't work anymore. Moving layers/channels up/down doesn't work. When dragging a dockable dialog into a dockable window, the dockable window just moves (as if I had dragged the window, instead of the tab). The usual blue bar that show the destination drop, don't appear anymore. All these operations can be executed by using menus or context menus. It's just the gragging that doesn't work. As soon as I stop de recording software (and the selection box of the recorded area disappears) everything works again as normal. I'm running this on Windows 8.1

I've looked for a day for possible solutions on the net, but haven't found anything. I already tried the following.

-Applied all windows updates -Ran several packages to remove viruses, malware etc. -Uninstalled and reinstalled all software. -Tried running it without my antivirus activated (AVG Antivir)

But nothing solves the problem. Help would be highly appreciated because I'm working on a GIMP video tutorial, but I'm stuck with my recordings.

Michael Schumacher
2015-06-15 17:10:16 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

On 06/15/2015 02:02 PM, flyingdutch wrote:

I have a problem/buig with the following operations :

-Open a dockable dialog box and drag it into a dockable windows (by dragging the tab)
-Moving layers op and down by selecting them and dragging -Moving channels up and down by dragging.

All the above operations work fine when I run GIMP 2.8.14 . However, when I run screen recording software , they don't work anymore.

Detail: I start Camtasia Studio 8.5.2 (Build 1999) or Movavi Screen Capture Studio 5.0.0 .

Yeah, known, at least for Camtasia Studio.

The cause for the actual issue is probably in GTK+, but knowing where to start looking for that would help a lot. A few people have apparently approached the Camtasia developers (or probably only the front line support) about this, but I don't know if they ever got any useful reply.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
2015-06-15 17:19:41 UTC (almost 9 years ago)
postings

Yeah, known, at least for Camtasia Studio.

The cause for the actual issue is probably in GTK+, but knowing where to
start looking for that would help a lot. A few people have apparently approached the Camtasia developers (or probably only the front line support) about this, but I don't know if they ever got any useful reply.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I also posted this at techsmith. They asked me to change some options, but the same problem remains. In ly search, I came on several similar posts dating from 2012/2013, so I supposed that in the meantime someone would have found a solution or workaround. But I haven't found anything. What is GTK+ ??