RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problems Creating New Brushes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problems Creating New Brushes GuyDuff 13 Jun 00:15
  Problems Creating New Brushes Ofnuts 13 Jun 10:02
2015-06-13 00:15:27 UTC (almost 9 years ago)
postings

Hi, I'm new to gimp and even newer to the group. Can not login to the gimp site anymore and so I'm really grateful for this forum. I'm trying to create new brushes. I've created a brush image i want to export to a brush. I export it to a gbr in the correct directory and then refresh the brushes. Nothing ever shows up in the brush listing. I am using Windows 7 and Gimp 2.8. What am I missing? I am using the following folder to export my new brush creations:

C:\users\myusername\gimp-2.8\brushes as specified in my gimp folder preferences for brushes.

I've tried the other folder as well: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\brushes

No luck with either. I've started both with an XCF and a JPG and neither is showing up. I've restarted gimp, rebooted but no matter what I do the new gbr files don't show up in the gimp brushes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll attach one of the gbr files.

Thanks very much!

Ofnuts
2015-06-13 10:02:15 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

On 13/06/15 02:15, GuyDuff wrote:

Hi, I'm new to gimp and even newer to the group. Can not login to the gimp site anymore and so I'm really grateful for this forum. I'm trying to create new brushes. I've created a brush image i want to export to a brush. I export it to a gbr in the correct directory and then refresh the brushes. Nothing ever shows up in the brush listing. I am using Windows 7 and Gimp 2.8. What am I missing? I am using the following folder to export my new brush creations:

C:\users\myusername\gimp-2.8\brushes as specified in my gimp folder preferences for brushes.

I've tried the other folder as well: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\brushes

No luck with either. I've started both with an XCF and a JPG and neither is showing up. I've restarted gimp, rebooted but no matter what I do the new gbr files don't show up in the gimp brushes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll attach one of the gbr files.

The brushes work for me... But since you didn't give them a description, they appear in the list as "Gimp Brush" and "Gimp Brush Pipe" and not under the file names... So maybe you are just not looking for them at the right place. "View as list" allows you to check for names....