RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Auto text-marking photos

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Auto text-marking photos DannySh 06 Oct 18:20
  Auto text-marking photos Alexander R. Pruss 06 Oct 18:36
  Auto text-marking photos Carol Spears 06 Oct 19:17
DannySh
2004-10-06 18:20:30 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Auto text-marking photos

Hello,

I'm looking for a tool that will allow to add user selected) text lines into a batch of images, at a location of my choice (within the pic area), automatically... can GIMP or one of its plug-ins (or yet another software) do that???

For example, mark/select 20 jpeg pics, add text such as "Rome Trip dd/mm/yy" and save back so that all 10 pics will have this line of text inserted as part of the picture file (see when looking at the pic itself).

Thanks for your help,

DS

Alexander R. Pruss
2004-10-06 18:36:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Auto text-marking photos

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, DannySh wrote:

I'm looking for a tool that will allow to add user selected) text lines into a batch of images, at a location of my choice (within the pic area), automatically... can GIMP or one of its plug-ins (or yet another software) do that???

I would save the text to be added to a .png, and then use ImageMagick's composite tool (imagemagick.org) from a commandline.

-- Dr. Alexander R. Pruss || e-mail: ap85@georgetown.edu Philosophy Department || online papers and home page: Georgetown University || www.georgetown.edu/faculty/ap85 Washington, DC 20057 ||
U.S.A. ||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Philosophiam discimus non ut tantum sciamus, sed ut boni efficiamur." - Paul of Worczyn (1424)

Carol Spears
2004-10-06 19:17:54 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Auto text-marking photos

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 06:20:30PM +0200, DannySh wrote:

Hello,

For example, mark/select 20 jpeg pics, add text such as "Rome Trip dd/mm/yy" and save back so that all 10 pics will have this line of text inserted as part of the picture file (see when looking at the pic itself).

as already suggested image magick can do this very easily with just a few minutes reading the man page.

if this is something you will be doing often, it is a fairly nice operation to start to learn to script gimp with.

carol