RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

"vibrating" Cursor?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

"vibrating" Cursor? maury 15 Apr 20:57
  "vibrating" Cursor? Steve Kinney 15 Apr 21:56
2015-04-15 20:57:52 UTC (about 9 years ago)
postings

"vibrating" Cursor?

Hello To All-

Brand new user and this is my first post. I downloaded GIMP recently and am slowly learning to use it. . I ahgve an older computer, using XP. One problem that I need help on: my cursor seems to be unsteady, almost as if it is vibrating. This only happens on GIMP (not any other image processing programs). Pretty much makes it impossible to do any fine work. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks!

Steve Kinney
2015-04-15 21:56:08 UTC (about 9 years ago)

"vibrating" Cursor?

On 04/15/2015 04:57 PM, maury wrote:

Hello To All-

Brand new user and this is my first post. I downloaded GIMP recently and am slowly learning to use it. . I ahgve an older computer, using XP. One problem that I need help on: my cursor seems to be unsteady, almost as if it is vibrating. This only happens on GIMP (not any other image processing programs). Pretty much makes it impossible to do any fine work. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Does this happen all the time, or only when using certain tools? If the problem affects, for instance, making rectangular selections /and/ using the paintbrush tool, I can't guess what causes that. But if it /only/ affects the paintbrush, clone, and similar tools it is possible that "Apply jitter" is turned on: This brush dynamics settings make the affected tools work 'almost as if they are vibrating.' This setting will be found in the Tool Options tab in your dock window; un-check the option and it will quit doing that.

IF that is the problem, "no problem." If that is not the problem, I am all out of ideas.

:o)