RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP scanner program

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP scanner program Monica Mumme 25 Mar 08:23
  GIMP scanner program Richard 26 Mar 23:40
Monica Mumme
2015-03-25 08:23:39 UTC (about 9 years ago)

GIMP scanner program

Hello

I have just downloaded GIMP 2.6.4 and opened it. I want to scan an image from my scanner but when I select 'File - Create - Scanner/Camera' I am only given one TWAIN option. How can I add the GIMP scanner option to my selection?

MM

Richard
2015-03-26 23:40:25 UTC (about 9 years ago)

GIMP scanner program

From: Monica.Mumme@fish.wa.gov.au To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:23:39 +0000 Subject: [Gimp-user] GIMP scanner program

Hello

I have just downloaded GIMP 2.6.4 and opened it. I want to scan an image from my scanner but when I select 'File - Create - Scanner/Camera' I am only given one TWAIN option. How can I add the GIMP scanner option to my selection?

MM

This is actually outside GIMP's control, because when you tell GIMP to create a new image from the scanner, it basically just asks the system for a list of available scanner devices, and what's actually on that list depends on the scanner drivers installed on your system. (Some scan utilities will also register themselves as an available scanning device, but that makes barely any difference to GIMP.)

I'm willing to help anyway -- what make and model of scanner do you have?

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.