RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-user-list Digest, Vol 42, Issue 7

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.67.1426161608.15254... 13 Mar 19:42
  gimp-user-list Digest, Vol 42, Issue 7 Jeanne Lucas 13 Mar 19:26
Jeanne Lucas
2015-03-13 19:26:17 UTC (about 9 years ago)

gimp-user-list Digest, Vol 42, Issue 7

Once I gave up the idea of using a gif file, I was able to do it very easily through windows media player. Thanks to all of you for your help! Have a great weekend!

-----Original Message----- From: gimp-user-list [mailto:gimp-user-list-bounces@gnome.org] On Behalf Of gimp-user-list-request@gnome.org Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:00 AM To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: gimp-user-list Digest, Vol 42, Issue 7

Send gimp-user-list mailing list submissions to gimp-user-list@gnome.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to gimp-user-list-request@gnome.org

You can reach the person managing the list at gimp-user-list-owner@gnome.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of gimp-user-list digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. New User Questions (Jeanne Lucas) 2. Re: New User Questions (Alexandre Prokoudine) 3. Re: New User Questions (Ofnuts) 4. Re: New User Questions (Pat David) 5. Re: New User Questions (Alexandre Prokoudine)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1 Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:01:28 +0000 From: Jeanne Lucas
To: "gimp-user-list@gnome.org"
Subject: [Gimp-user] New User Questions Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

I am a new user attempting to convert power points to gifs that can be played on our company website. I save the power point presentation as a gif, then open it as layers in gimp. Once I save the presentation again, it works well, but the timings I had set in power point are gone.

I cannot find a "delay time" button nor can I find a way to use the "frames" to get the slides to the different timings I need. I also occasionally have resolution problems when I open the presentation in gimp and again as I save them to a gif after I am finished in gimp.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jeanne Lucas CSR & Office Assistant
MASWU Transfer Station
1431 17th Avenue
McPherson, KS 67460
(620) 241-6559 ext. 300
jlucas@maswu.org

------------------------------

Message: 2 Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 00:45:51 +0300 From: Alexandre Prokoudine
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] New User Questions Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 11:01 PM, Jeanne Lucas wrote:

I cannot find a "delay time" button

What should it do?

nor can I find a way to use the "frames" to get the slides to the different timings I need.

Please follow http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Simple_Animations/, especially Step 3.

Alex

Message: 3 Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 23:03:23 +0100 From: Ofnuts
To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed

On 11/03/15 21:01, Jeanne Lucas wrote:

I am a new user attempting to convert power points to gifs that can be played on our company website. I save the power point presentation as a gif, then open it as layers in gimp. Once I save the presentation again, it works well, but the timings I had set in power point are gone.

I cannot find a "delay time" button nor can I find a way to use the "frames" to get the slides to the different timings I need. I also occasionally have resolution problems when I open the presentation in gimp and again as I save them to a gif after I am finished in gimp.

Animated GIF is not a good format for this:

* it won't adapt to the user's screen definition, you'll have to use a lowest common denominator
* due to the small number of available colors edges of text and diagrams will look pixellated
* it won't adapt to your user's reading speed

Why don't you convert your PPT to PDF instead?

Message: 4 Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:04:45 +0000 From: Pat David
To: ofnuts@gmx.com, gimp-user-list@gnome.org Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] New User Questions Message-ID:

Or even to HTML - I think there is an export option in powerpoint to generate an html page directly...

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 5:03 PM Ofnuts wrote:

I am a new user attempting to convert power points to gifs that can be

played on our company website. I save the power point presentation as a gif, then open it as layers in gimp. Once I save the presentation again, it works well, but the timings I had set in power point are gone.

I cannot find a "delay time" button nor can I find a way to use the

"frames" to get the slides to the different timings I need. I also occasionally have resolution problems when I open the presentation in gimp and again as I save them to a gif after I am finished in gimp.

* it won't adapt to the user's screen definition, you'll have to use a lowest common denominator
* due to the small number of available colors edges of text and diagrams will look pixellated

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Message: 5 Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 01:16:37 +0300 From: Alexandre Prokoudine

Or just upload to Slideshare and embed it into the website.

Alex

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Pat David wrote:

Or even to HTML - I think there is an export option in powerpoint to generate an html page directly...

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 5:03 PM Ofnuts wrote:

I am a new user attempting to convert power points to gifs that can be

played on our company website. I save the power point presentation as a gif, then open it as layers in gimp. Once I save the presentation again, it works well, but the timings I had set in power point are gone.

I cannot find a "delay time" button nor can I find a way to use the

"frames" to get the slides to the different timings I need. I also occasionally have resolution problems when I open the presentation in gimp and again as I save them to a gif after I am finished in gimp.

List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Subject: Digest Footer