RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Progressive jpg creation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Progressive jpg creation JiminSA 24 Feb 09:45
  Progressive jpg creation Mark Bourne 25 Feb 19:39
   Progressive jpg creation JiminSA 25 Feb 19:52
2015-02-24 09:45:31 UTC (about 9 years ago)
postings

Progressive jpg creation

I am trying to save some jpg files as Progressive as opposed to Baseline and believe that Gimp will allow me to do so if I have the Progressive checkbox checked in Advanced Options. I am running Gimp 2.8.
Problem: I cannot find the Advanced Options

Mark Bourne
2015-02-25 19:39:50 UTC (about 9 years ago)

Progressive jpg creation

JiminSA wrote:

I am trying to save some jpg files as Progressive as opposed to Baseline and believe that Gimp will allow me to do so if I have the Progressive checkbox checked in Advanced Options.
I am running Gimp 2.8.
Problem: I cannot find the Advanced Options

The option is in the advanced options section of the JPEG export dialog: - File > Export As...
- Ensure the format is JPEG (either type a filename with .jpg extension and file type "By Extension", or explicitly select JPEG file type) - Click Export
- An "Export Image as JPEG" dialog should appear - Click to expand "Advanced Options" - Tick the "Progressive" box
- Set any other options as required
- Click "Export"

Mark.

2015-02-25 19:52:20 UTC (about 9 years ago)
postings

Progressive jpg creation

JiminSA wrote:
The option is in the advanced options section of the JPEG export dialog:
- File > Export As...
- Ensure the format is JPEG (either type a filename with .jpg extension
and file type "By Extension", or explicitly select JPEG file type) - Click Export
- An "Export Image as JPEG" dialog should appear - Click to expand "Advanced Options" - Tick the "Progressive" box
- Set any other options as required
- Click "Export"

Mark.

Thank you Mark! I managed to find it eventually. But nonetheless I appreciate you respons.