RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp feature request

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp feature request Gearoid Donnellan 27 Sep 20:05
  Gimp feature request Steve Stavropoulos 27 Sep 20:14
Gearoid Donnellan
2004-09-27 20:05:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp feature request

I am not sure if this already exists in the GIMP but I havent seen it so Im going to assume that it doesnt.

I find that there are certain sequences of events that I run through frequently to create a certain effect and I know that the scripting is there to help automate this process but I havent ever learned to write the script and when I have looked at it, it was pretty confusing. I have recently being doing some research on user interface agents and I thought that one of the uses would work very well in this case where you have an agent record a series of actions performed by the user and then generalise them.
The agent could then be told to repeat the procedure on another image. I dont know how practical this would be to implement but Id be interested to know what ye think.

Regards,

Gerry

Steve Stavropoulos
2004-09-27 20:14:59 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp feature request

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:05:51 +0100, Gearoid Donnellan wrote:

you have an agent record a series of actions performed by the user and then generalise them.
The agent could then be told to repeat the procedure on another image.

Port http://www.gtk.org/~timj/gerd/ to gtk2 and you'll have what you want for every gtk app, gimp included.