RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Question about Selections in Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Question about Selections in Gimp Alice Meade 05 Jan 01:00
  Question about Selections in Gimp Alexandre Prokoudine 05 Jan 01:30
  Question about Selections in Gimp Michael Schumacher 05 Jan 11:19
Alice Meade
2015-01-05 01:00:00 UTC (over 9 years ago)

When using GIMP, I make lots of selections. Usually, the "Mode" is "Replace current selection" - which is what I always want it to be. But lots of times, the Mode switches on me to "Subtract From Current Selection". Yikes! I did not want this! It seems to do this on it's own when you have a selection and you press the Command button (on a Mac). Why does it do this????? What is the keyboard short cut to get it back to "Replace Current Selection"? I cannot figure this out.

Thanks!

Alexandre Prokoudine
2015-01-05 01:30:06 UTC (over 9 years ago)

5 янв. 2015 г. 5:20 пользователь "Alice Meade" написал:

When using GIMP, I make lots of selections. Usually, the "Mode" is

"Replace current selection" - which is what I always want it to be. But lots of times, the Mode switches on me to "Subtract From Current Selection". Yikes! I did not want this! It seems to do this on it's own when you have a selection and you press the Command button (on a Mac). Why does it do this????? What is the keyboard short cut to get it back to "Replace Current Selection"? I cannot figure this out.

Please read http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-using-selections-add.html.

Alex

Michael Schumacher
2015-01-05 11:19:08 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Am 05.01.2015 um 02:00 schrieb Alice Meade:

But lots of times, the Mode switches on me to "Subtract From Current Selection". Yikes! I did not want this! It seems to do this on it's own when you have a selection and you press the Command button (on a Mac). Why does it do this????? What is the keyboard short cut to get it back to "Replace Current Selection"?

It is supposed to switch back once you let got of the button. Also, the behavior depends on when you press the button, i.e. before or after you began to create the selection frame.

Maybe this behaves differently on OSX. This would be interesting to know.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD