RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

too many fonts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

too many fonts Szasz Pal 25 Sep 21:09
  too many fonts Sven Neumann 25 Sep 21:54
   too many fonts Szasz Pal 25 Sep 22:28
    too many fonts Sven Neumann 26 Sep 01:11
Szasz Pal
2004-09-25 21:09:50 UTC (over 19 years ago)

too many fonts

Hi!

Once I have installed a lot of fonts (1000+) from the internet. My problem is it's very hard to manage them in gimp. Not only the list box scrolls and refresehs slowly, but I can find fonts very hardly.

I was thinking if it would be possible to group fonts in categories, so I can choose which group to browse. For example all the fancy fonts would be in category 'Fancy', so when I'm developing some images for a buisness website, I don't need to see them. But when developing gfx for games, I could quickly change to the category fancy.

Also I liked very much the font dialog in gimp 1.2, in 2.0 is it still available, and if yes, how and where?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards, Szasz Pal
------------
Space Software Studio

Sven Neumann
2004-09-25 21:54:22 UTC (over 19 years ago)

too many fonts

Hi,

"Szasz Pal" writes:

Once I have installed a lot of fonts (1000+) from the internet. My problem is it's very hard to manage them in gimp. Not only the list box scrolls and refresehs slowly, but I can find fonts very hardly.

I was thinking if it would be possible to group fonts in categories, so I can choose which group to browse. For example all the fancy fonts would be in category 'Fancy', so when I'm developing some images for a buisness website, I don't need to see them. But when developing gfx for games, I could quickly change to the category fancy.

This has been suggested before and might even become implemented one day. For now I suggest you use the search capabilities of the treeview. Press Ctrl-F (or Ctrl-S if you are using emacs keybindings with GTK+) to enter search mode. In GIMP-2.1 there's also a font entry with completion in the text tool options.

Also I liked very much the font dialog in gimp 1.2, in 2.0 is it still available, and if yes, how and where?

No, it isn't. It has however been suggested that the fonts should be grouped by family and again, this might even become implemented one day. All these requests are in Bugzilla.

Sven

Szasz Pal
2004-09-25 22:28:16 UTC (over 19 years ago)

too many fonts

This has been suggested before and might even become implemented one day. For now I suggest you use the search capabilities of the

No, it isn't. It has however been suggested that the fonts should be grouped by family and again, this might even become implemented one day. All these requests are in Bugzilla.

So I should wait patienty till somebody implements it ?-)

Is there a way to write a font-selector plugin for gimp? So by using this plugin people could have an alternative font selector?

Best Regards, Szasz Pal
------------
Space Software Studio

Sven Neumann
2004-09-26 01:11:15 UTC (over 19 years ago)

too many fonts

Hi,

"Szasz Pal" writes:

So I should wait patienty till somebody implements it ?-)

No, you could of course help with it. Perhaps you would like to propose a better font selector, draw some mockups and put it up for discussion? If we can make up a well-defined goal, that would make it easier to implement it.

Is there a way to write a font-selector plugin for gimp? So by using this plugin people could have an alternative font selector?

No, there isn't and it wouldn't be feasible to add such an interface.

Sven