RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

mpeg with GIMP or GAP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mpeg with GIMP or GAP Marc Nicolardot 28 Dec 17:15
  <DKIM> mpeg with GIMP or GAP Ofnuts 28 Dec 18:06
   <DKIM> mpeg with GIMP or GAP Olivier 29 Dec 13:33
Marc Nicolardot
2014-12-28 17:15:35 UTC (over 9 years ago)

mpeg with GIMP or GAP

Good afternoon,
I woul'd like to convert an animation built with GAP and GIMP (a folder with 500 frames (i.e. 500 numbered .xcf files)) to an MPEG file with a .wav file (music). I have read in O. Lecarme and K. Delvare french book it shoul'd be possible, but I don't find the video/Master Videoencoder in the video menu (page 197 in the book). What coul'd be the problem ?  Note : the animation does work with the Playback function in the video menu. Thank you very much if you can help me. Marc Nicolardot

Ofnuts
2014-12-28 18:06:46 UTC (over 9 years ago)

<DKIM> mpeg with GIMP or GAP

On 28/12/14 18:15, Marc Nicolardot wrote:

Good afternoon,
I woul'd like to convert an animation built with GAP and GIMP (a folder with 500 frames (i.e. 500 numbered .xcf files)) to an MPEG file with a .wav file (music). I have read in O. Lecarme and K. Delvare french book it shoul'd be possible, but I don't find the video/Master Videoencoder in the video menu (page 197 in the book). What coul'd be the problem ? Note : the animation does work with the Playback function in the video menu. Thank you very much if you can help me.

I never heard of a direct-to-video plugin for Gimp. IMHO your best bet is to convert your XCF images to PNG using some utility (ImageMagick) and then to make the video from the PNGs using some other utility (ffmpeg springs to mind).

Olivier
2014-12-29 13:33:50 UTC (over 9 years ago)

<DKIM> mpeg with GIMP or GAP

As I explained privately to Mac Nicolardot, GAP, the GIMP Animation Package, is able to to that, but its Master Videoencoder plugin is not available on Windows. Unfortunately, GAP has not been updated for several years now.

2014-12-28 19:06 GMT+01:00 Ofnuts :

On 28/12/14 18:15, Marc Nicolardot wrote:

Good afternoon,
I woul'd like to convert an animation built with GAP and GIMP (a folder with 500 frames (i.e. 500 numbered .xcf files)) to an MPEG file with a .wav file (music). I have read in O. Lecarme and K. Delvare french book it shoul'd be possible, but I don't find the video/Master Videoencoder in the video menu (page 197 in the book). What coul'd be the problem ? Note : the animation does work with the Playback function in the video menu.
Thank you very much if you can help me.

I never heard of a direct-to-video plugin for Gimp. IMHO your best bet is to convert your XCF images to PNG using some utility (ImageMagick) and then to make the video from the PNGs using some other utility (ffmpeg springs to mind).

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Olivier Lecarme