RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

(no subject)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

(no subject) alan_cook9@yahoo.co.uk 08 Nov 22:59
  (no subject) Ofnuts 08 Nov 23:47
  (no subject) Liam R E Quin 09 Nov 07:58
alan_cook9@yahoo.co.uk
2014-11-08 22:59:01 UTC (over 9 years ago)

(no subject)

Hi Fellow users

I have a problem using the 2.8 system.

When I select a photo to edit i.e remove the background I use the free select tool I pick out the parts of the photo that are required, then I hit the delete key on the computer what happens next is that it removes the photo and leaves the background.

I am a new user am I doing something wrong , is there a correct sequence that I have to follow to remove the background.

I forgot to say that the photo has the alpha added before I tried to remove the background.

Anyone help me on this I would be most grateful.

Regards

Alan

p.s incase anyone can help this is my e mail address alan_cook9@yahoo.co.uk

Sent from Windows Mail

Ofnuts
2014-11-08 23:47:29 UTC (over 9 years ago)

(no subject)

By design everything happens on the selection... if you want to keep the selection and delete the rest, invert the selection (Select>Invert) before hitting the [delete] key.

On 08/11/14 23:59, alan_cook9@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Hi Fellow users

I have a problem using the 2.8 system.

When I select a photo to edit i.e remove the background I use the free select tool I pick out the parts of the photo that are required, then I hit the delete key on the computer what happens next is that it removes the photo and leaves the background.

I am a new user am I doing something wrong , is there a correct sequence that I have to follow to remove the background.

I forgot to say that the photo has the alpha added before I tried to remove the background.

Anyone help me on this I would be most grateful.

Regards

Alan

p.s incase anyone can help this is my e mail address alan_cook9@yahoo.co.uk

Liam R E Quin
2014-11-09 07:58:54 UTC (over 9 years ago)

(no subject)

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 22:59:01 +0000 wrote:

You need to select the parts that you want to remove, not the parts you want to keep.

You can select that parts you want to keep, if it's easier, and then use "Invert selection" from the Selection menu to switch it round.

Liam

Liam Quin - XML Activity Lead, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Pictures from old books: http://fromoldbooks.org/