RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

brushes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

brushes Helen 04 Nov 16:59
  brushes Jehan Pagès 04 Nov 19:06
Helen
2014-11-04 16:59:19 UTC (over 9 years ago)

brushes

How can I get the airbrush to fade out? I have tried the fade slider at different
lengths, but no position there makes any difference. What else do I need to do?
Gimp 2.8.2
Thanks,

Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3
Jehan Pagès
2014-11-04 19:06:19 UTC (over 9 years ago)

brushes

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Helen wrote:

How can I get the airbrush to fade out? I have tried the fade slider at different
lengths, but no position there makes any difference. What else do I need to do?
Gimp 2.8.2

If I get correctly: you want for the airbrush to start fading after your stroke has crossed a given length. For this, you need to associate the "Fade Length" option (in Tools options, which you seem to have found) to a dynamics with "fade" checked. If your dynamics is not set to fade, then I think the "Fade length" slider's value does not matter (as far as I can see).

Go edit your dynamics (or create one). In the mapping matrix, you can set fade to a bunch of values. Let's assume we want the opacity to fade (we could also imagine that the brush size is "fading", etc.). So check the intersection between Opacity and Fade in the matrix. By default though, it is more of a fade in. So you should go in the Opacity dynamics graph (in the scrolldown menu where you have the mapping matrix) and have the line goes down rather than up. From there, this specific dynamics will use the "Fade length" slider's value.

And you should get what you want.

Jehan

Thanks,

--
Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3
_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list