RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Selection to Layer

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Selection to Layer candeschultz 19 Oct 03:44
  Selection to Layer Richard 21 Oct 03:00
  Selection to Layer Gary Aitken 23 Oct 04:14
candeschultz
2014-10-19 03:44:27 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Selection to Layer

New user here. running GIMP 2.8.10 on an old XP machine. Have downloaded 2.8.14 but holding off on the installation while learning. Al that aside. Question, How do I change a selection to a layer? Thankyou......Izzy

Richard
2014-10-21 03:00:11 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Selection to Layer

To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 23:44:27 -0400 Subject: [Gimp-user] Selection to Layer

New user here. running GIMP 2.8.10 on an old XP machine. Have downloaded 2.8.14 but holding off on the installation while learning. Al that aside. Question, How do I change a selection to a layer? Thankyou......Izzy

There are a few ways you can do this -- method one:

1 - Float the selection (this creates a 'floating layer' from that selection) 2 - Layers menu -> To New Layer

Method two:

1 - Copy the selection 2 - Paste As -> New Layer (this may lose its positioning on the image canvas, a known issue)

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

Gary Aitken
2014-10-23 04:14:14 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Selection to Layer

New user here. running GIMP 2.8.10 on an old XP machine. Have downloaded 2.8.14 but holding off on the installation while learning. Al that aside. Question, How do I change a selection to a layer?

Edit/Copy
Edit/Paste as/New Layer