RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Dependency (GTK/Glib) compile probs

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Dependency (GTK/Glib) compile probs Eric Pierce 21 Sep 06:20
  Dependency (GTK/Glib) compile probs Sven Neumann 21 Sep 12:33
  Dependency (GTK/Glib) compile probs Dave Neary 21 Sep 14:55
  Dependency (GTK/Glib) compile probs Carol Spears 21 Sep 17:05
Eric Pierce
2004-09-21 06:20:54 UTC (over 19 years ago)

This is probably insanely simple.

I'm trying to compile 2.1.5, so I had to update glib (2.4.6) on my system which I did with '--enable-shared' config flag. All went well.

Then, gtk 2.4.9 configured (with --enable-shared) fine, but during 'make' it exists out looking for /opt/gnome/lib/libgobject-2.0.la which glib placed here: /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.la

What config option do I need to tell gtk where libgobject-2.0.la is now?

I know this is really a question for GTK's mailing list, but I don't feel like budging from the cozy comform of the gimp list.

Any help appreciated! Eric Pierce

Sven Neumann
2004-09-21 12:33:56 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Eric Pierce writes:

I'm trying to compile 2.1.5, so I had to update glib (2.4.6) on my system which I did with '--enable-shared' config flag. All went well.

Then, gtk 2.4.9 configured (with --enable-shared) fine, but during 'make' it exists out looking for /opt/gnome/lib/libgobject-2.0.la which glib placed here: /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.la

You did make sure that pkg-config picks up the right version?

BTW, --enable-shared is the default, you don't need to specify it explicitely.

Sven

Dave Neary
2004-09-21 14:55:31 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Quoting Eric Pierce :

Try running ldconfig, and making sure that the pkgconfig on your path is finding the right glib-2.0.pc file (have a look at the output of pkgconfig --libs glib-2.0), then check your PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.

It looks like you'll need to re-run configure anyway...

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France

Carol Spears
2004-09-21 17:05:40 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 04:20:54AM +0000, Eric Pierce wrote:

i think running ldconfig fixes this.

I know this is really a question for GTK's mailing list, but I don't feel like budging from the cozy comform of the gimp list.

others have suggested that you make sure about your pkg-config stuff. there is a script, available on www.gimp.org that sets this for you:

http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimpenv

with the console you are doing the building with, type "source gimpenv" and all the bothersome paths get set.

carol