RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Watching Dated GIMP Videos

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Watching Dated GIMP Videos Starkman 02 Oct 06:40
  Watching Dated GIMP Videos Alexandre Prokoudine 02 Oct 09:21
   Watching Dated GIMP Videos Greg Chapman 02 Oct 09:40
    Watching Dated GIMP Videos Starkman 02 Oct 16:27
     Watching Dated GIMP Videos Alexandre Prokoudine 02 Oct 18:56
2014-10-02 06:40:09 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings

Hey all,

Say, in that I'm new to GIMP (I have ver. 2.8), I've found a lot of videos on the Net. So the question I have is how far back in video years (and versions of GIMP) can you go before the videos simply aren't relevant to 2.8?

Thanks much,

Starkman

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-10-02 09:21:55 UTC (over 9 years ago)

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Starkman wrote:

Hey all,

Say, in that I'm new to GIMP (I have ver. 2.8), I've found a lot of videos on the Net. So the question I have is how far back in video years (and versions of GIMP) can you go before the videos simply aren't relevant to 2.8?

GIMP 2.8 was released in early May 2012, if that's any help :)

Alex

Greg Chapman
2014-10-02 09:40:52 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Hi,

On 02 Oct 14 10:21 Alexandre Prokoudine said:

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Starkman wrote:

GIMP 2.8 was released in early May 2012, if that's any help :)

And with material earlier than that it will depend on the task the video covers and/or how much the person viewing it can cope with "cosmetic" changes in the interface.

It might have been better for the OP to describe what he hopes to achieve with GIMP and ask whether a specific video offers the best advice for that task.

Greg Chapman

2014-10-02 16:27:51 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings

It might have been better for the OP to describe what he hopes to achieve with GIMP and ask whether a specific video offers the best advice for that task.

Greg Chapman

Well, I really just wanted to know how far back in GIMP versions in general, thus in videos on the Net, one can still follow and find relevancy. More specifically, I use Lightroom extensively, but I need a program (not Photoshop, not a $700 program and not a monthy subscription requirement!) in order to do what Lightroom can't do: layer work, compositing, enhanced cloning and stitching (for panoramas).

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-10-02 18:56:51 UTC (over 9 years ago)

02 окт. 2014 г. 20:28 "Starkman" wrote:

and stitching (for panoramas).

I would strongly advise using Hugin instead.

Alex