RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

midi-control gimp 2.8 on mac os x

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

midi-control gimp 2.8 on mac os x leonard@worker.com 14 Sep 21:24
  midi-control gimp 2.8 on mac os x Alexandre Prokoudine 14 Sep 21:32
leonard@worker.com
2014-09-14 21:24:05 UTC (over 9 years ago)

as far as i understand, controlling gimp via midi-devices (keyboards etc.) seems to be possible only on linux. but this is such a great feature !!! does anybody have the same problem / any idea how to fix this for mac os x / know what the exact obstacle is for the midi-signal to reach gimp in mac os x ?

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-09-14 21:32:57 UTC (over 9 years ago)

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:24 AM, Leonard wrote:

as far as i understand, controlling gimp via midi-devices (keyboards etc.) seems to be possible only on linux. but this is such a great feature !!! does anybody have the same problem / any idea how to fix this for mac os x / know what the exact obstacle is for the midi-signal to reach gimp in mac os x ?

AFAIK, that means GIMP should use CoreMIDI API that is Mac specific. It's doable, but I'm not sure whether we have Mac-based developers around who'd be interested to work on this.

Alex