RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP Brush Crashes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP Brush Crashes ILjackson 10 Sep 06:08
2014-09-10 06:08:33 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings

GIMP Brush Crashes

Hi,
I am using GIMP 2.8 on a windows 7 64-bit machine. I have used GIMP consistently since 2.6 without a problem. I have accumulated about 30 brush files (*.abr), mostly Ron's Brushes and brushes by Designfera. They worked fine until this last week when I had to reinstall windows on my system. I cleaned out GIMP, reinstalled, and before it could handle all my brushes, now it chokes on trying to load more than two or three abr files. The crash occurs at startup. It tells me windows is checking for a solution. If I wait to load them via GURM, it crashes as soon as GURM tries to load them and gives me the same message. I have tried to isolate one particular file, it is not one particular file. Any more than a handful crashes it. I have tried to load them via gurm. Crashes. I have tried 2.8, shop, and even 2.6 and all crashed. I've upped the tile cache and it crashed. I deleted the rc files because someone suggested that as well: no luck. I use this stuff as part of business and professional art and its killing me not to be able to use my brushes. It makes GIMP almost useless for me. Any ideas why this is happening, and more importantly, what the solution is.