RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

adding fonts to the gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

adding fonts to the gimp Maria Yousaf 19 Sep 03:06
  adding fonts to the gimp Maria Yousaf 19 Sep 03:31
  adding fonts to the gimp John Bougainville 19 Sep 11:15
Maria Yousaf
2004-09-19 03:06:01 UTC (over 19 years ago)

adding fonts to the gimp

Hi everyone,

I'm having some difficulty adding fonts to the GIMP. I'm using GIMP version 2.0.4 and the fonts that I want to add were originally MAC fonts. They were converted to .afm and .pfa. These fonts show up when I use an application like OpenOffice but they do not appear in my font list in the GIMP. Is there anything special I need to do to add these fonts to the gimp?

Cheers, Maria

Maria Yousaf
2004-09-19 03:31:28 UTC (over 19 years ago)

adding fonts to the gimp

Hi everyone,

I'm having some difficulty adding fonts to the GIMP. I'm using GIMP version 2.0.4 and the fonts that I want to add were originally MAC fonts. They were converted to .afm and .pfa. These fonts show up when I use an application like OpenOffice but they do not appear in my font list in the GIMP. Is there anything special I need to do to add these fonts to the gimp?

Looks like I solved my own problem. I seem to recall I restarted the GIMP and the fonts didn't show up. I just hit the refresh to default values button in the font tool dialog and oddly enough, the fonts now appear.

John Bougainville
2004-09-19 11:15:00 UTC (over 19 years ago)

adding fonts to the gimp

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

To use MAC fonts, the better is to use the Applesystemfonts package from fink, "this package will extract the TrueType fonts from your Apple System and Library directories and make them available to X11". You just add your TTF fonts to your mac and you can use them with all your X11 app.
Le 19 sept. 04, à 03:06, Maria Yousaf a écrit :

Hi everyone,

I'm having some difficulty adding fonts to the GIMP. I'm using GIMP version 2.0.4
and the fonts that I want to add were originally MAC fonts. They were converted to
.afm and .pfa. These fonts show up when I use an application like OpenOffice but
they do not appear in my font list in the GIMP. Is there anything special I
need to do to add these fonts to the gimp?

Cheers, Maria
_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

-