RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

JPEG Help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

JPEG Help Tibbins, Aimee 21 Aug 13:02
  JPEG Help Alexandre Prokoudine 22 Aug 09:28
  JPEG Help Ofnuts 22 Aug 10:18
  JPEG Help Greg Chapman 22 Aug 13:25
Tibbins, Aimee
2014-08-21 13:02:17 UTC (over 9 years ago)

JPEG Help

Hi,

I am currently using GIMP 2.0 for some work related graphics. When I go to save the image they only save as a xcf. File instead of JPEG. Wondered if anyone was able to help with how I get them to save as a JPEG?

Thanks, Aimee

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective action against such code. Henry Schein is not liable for any loss or damage arising from this message.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-08-22 09:28:14 UTC (over 9 years ago)

JPEG Help

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Tibbins, Aimee wrote:

Hi,

I am currently using GIMP 2.0 for some work related graphics. When I go to save the image they only save as a xcf. File instead of JPEG. Wondered if anyone was able to help with how I get them to save as a JPEG?

Hi Aimee,

Please use 'File -> Export...' menu item instead.

Alex

Ofnuts
2014-08-22 10:18:36 UTC (over 9 years ago)

JPEG Help

On 21/08/14 15:02, Tibbins, Aimee wrote:

Hi,

File>Save only saves to XCF. For other filetypes, use File>Export (and consider keeping the XCF file around in case you find you need to do further changes).

Greg Chapman
2014-08-22 13:25:53 UTC (over 9 years ago)

JPEG Help

Hi Aimee,

On 21 Aug 14 14:02 "Tibbins, Aimee" said:

Export the file to the desired format.

As you say saving saves to GIMP's native format.

Simple really> :-)

Greg Chapman http://www.gregtutor.co.uk