RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New Splash Screen for Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New Splash Screen for Gimp Jozsef Mak 15 Sep 22:45
  New Splash Screen for Gimp Tom Williams 16 Sep 16:13
  New Splash Screen for Gimp Dave Neary 16 Sep 17:20
Jozsef Mak
2004-09-15 22:45:19 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I am new to this mailing list but I have been using Gimp, with great satisfaction, for about a year. When I download a new version of the application, one of the first things I usually do is replace its splash screen with my own design. I think, Gimp needs a clean, minimalist and modern splash screen, which matches to adobe and macromedia

Tom Williams
2004-09-16 16:13:20 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Jozsef Mak wrote:

I am new to this mailing list but I have been using Gimp, with great satisfaction, for about a year. When I download a new version of the application, one of the first things I usually do is replace its splash screen with my own design. I think, Gimp needs a clean, minimalist and modern splash screen, which matches to adobe and macromedia’s products. This is what I tried to achieve with this design. You can look at it here
http://web.295.ca/jmak/wallpapers/screensavers.htm and everyone welcome to download it. It’s saved in .png format and is ready to be installed. Feedback would be appreciated.

This is one Gimp user who prefers the "About" splash screen to either the current Gimp splash screen or this new one. This new one is very clean and attractive but lacks a certain quality that "About" screen has. :)

Just my opinion. :)

Peace....

Tom

Dave Neary
2004-09-16 17:20:43 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Quoting Jozsef Mak :

This
is what I tried to achieve with this design. You can look at it here http://web.295.ca/jmak/wallpapers/screensavers.htm and everyone welcome to download it. It?s saved in .png format and is ready to be installed. Feedback would be appreciated.

I like it, although I'm not sure I'd like it for 2.2. To see how it goes down in the meantime, there is one change that needs to be made - we aren't at GIMP 2.2 yet, we're still in 2.1.

Could you modify the text, please?

Personally, I'd like to see lots of splash-screens for the HEAD based releases (it would be wrong to call them unstable, since they haven't been), and the more users that are submitting them, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France