RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Setting paper size to not waste role paper

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Setting paper size to not waste role paper Richard Taylor 15 Sep 14:16
  Setting paper size to not waste role paper Sven Neumann 15 Sep 16:30
Richard Taylor
2004-09-15 14:16:19 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi

I, like so many others, am a GIMP newbie. My current problem is with paper sizes.

I have a Epson Photo 2100 printer that takes 13inch role paper. This paper is 329mm x 10m. If I select this paper size, when I print the GIMP tells the printer to eject the whole 10m. Not good, rolling it all back on the reel is a bit of a pain.
So I use a custom paper size. I want to set the paper size to 329mm X 110mm (or something close). The trouble is that the printer dialog always resets the height of the paper to 29.70cm. So that when I print I 'waste' 329mm X 180mm every time.
Is there some way that I can tell the GIMP that my paper really is 329mm X 110mm or stop it from ejecting all 10m of my roll?
Many thanks

Richard

Sven Neumann
2004-09-15 16:30:49 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Richard Taylor writes:

I, like so many others, am a GIMP newbie. My current problem is with paper sizes.

I have a Epson Photo 2100 printer that takes 13inch role paper. This paper is 329mm x 10m. If I select this paper size, when I print the GIMP tells the printer to eject the whole 10m. Not good, rolling it all back on the reel is a bit of a pain.
So I use a custom paper size. I want to set the paper size to 329mm X 110mm (or something close). The trouble is that the printer dialog always resets the height of the paper to 29.70cm. So that when I print I 'waste' 329mm X 180mm every time.
Is there some way that I can tell the GIMP that my paper really is 329mm X 110mm or stop it from ejecting all 10m of my roll?

The GIMP print plug-in as well as much of the underlying print infrastructure is maintained by the gimp-print project. It is a lot more likely that you will get an answer if you ask your question there. The project homepage should have a link to the gimp-print mailing-lists:

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/

Sven