RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp keeps disappearing from my Mac

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp keeps disappearing from my Mac jojo8 09 Jul 14:34
  Gimp keeps disappearing from my Mac Tobias Jakobs 09 Jul 14:56
  Gimp keeps disappearing from my Mac scl 09 Jul 18:52
2014-07-09 14:34:11 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

Hi I recently downloaded gimp for mac and have been using it without any problems, then when I tried to open it from my applications it said it cannot open gimp as it cannot be found. I did not uninstall it however when I finished using it one day I clicked in eject. Does this mean I uninstalled it? I just wanted to remove it from my desktop but keep it in my applications.

Also regarding re-installiing gimp for mac. Whenever I try to re-install it I keep getting a request from Genio to install their program at the sam etime, which I do not want as I had Genio on my computer before and it was really hard to get rid of. Thanks

Tobias Jakobs
2014-07-09 14:56:41 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Hello jojo8,

I'm not a Mac user, but it is always important to provide as much information as possible. For your problem I think it would help to know: MacOS Version:
Gimp Version:
Where did you get Gimp from?

2014-07-09 16:34 GMT+02:00 jojo8 :

Also regarding re-installiing gimp for mac. Whenever I try to re-install it I
keep getting a request from Genio to install their program at the sam etime,
which I do not want as I had Genio on my computer before and it was really hard
to get rid of.

Gimp doesn't add any additional software to the installer. Please make sure you only download gimp from pages listed here: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Regard Tobias

scl
2014-07-09 18:52:41 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Hi,

On 9.7.2014 at 4:34 PM Id_graphics wrote:

Hi I recently downloaded gimp for mac and have been using it without any problems, then when I tried to open it from my applications it said it cannot open gimp as it cannot be found. I did not uninstall it however when I finished using it one day I clicked in eject. Does this mean I uninstalled it? I just wanted to remove it from my desktop but keep it in my applications.

This sounds like you never had it in your Applications folder, but in a DMG file on your desktop and when ejecting the DMG file in Finder you lost GIMP.
Reopen the DMG file and drop the GIMP symbol from there into the Applications folder. Check back by clicking the Applications folder - if GIMP is there, then everything is fine. Run GIMP from there.

Also regarding re-installiing gimp for mac. Whenever I try to re-install it I keep getting a request from Genio to install their program at the sam etime, which I do not want as I had Genio on my computer before and it was really hard to get rid of.

See Tobias' answer - we don't ship GIMP with additional installers nor malware. It looks like Genio hasn't gone. Consider reinstalling OS X and getting GIMP from the sites at www.gimp.org/downloads.

Kind regards,

Sven