RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Translation update

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Translation update cedric 13 Sep 13:02
  Translation update Sven Neumann 13 Sep 13:44
  Translation update Dave Neary 13 Sep 14:10
cedric
2004-09-13 13:02:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Translation update

Other things,
I've just compiled 2.1.4 (starting as failed but this is nothing), and it seems that many GUI labels are not translating into my precious french. Is there any help needed for this, and if yes how to do ?

Cedric

Sven Neumann
2004-09-13 13:44:01 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Translation update

Hi,

cedric writes:

I've just compiled 2.1.4 (starting as failed but this is nothing), and it seems that many GUI labels are not translating into my precious french. Is there any help needed for this, and if yes how to do ?

As explained in README.i18n, the translations are handled by the GTP. Most translators have not yet started to update the translations in the 2.1 tree and have concentrated on the 2.0 tree for now. This is likely going to change soon. If you want to help, please coordinate with the GTP.

Sven

Dave Neary
2004-09-13 14:10:59 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Translation update

Salut Cedric,

Quoting cedric :

The procedure for helping out with a translation is more or less

1: Mail the translator first, to ensure he just hasn't committed an updated translation - the French coordinator is Christophe Merlet .

2: If you get the all clear, translate the various po*/fr.po files - there is an active French translation community based around traduc.org, which can get you started using some of the utilities which parse .po files and make it easier to find untranslated strings or fuzzy translations (translations whose key string has changed since they were translated).

3: Send Christophe your updated translation, he will check it over or have someone else do so to ensure that translations are consistent (the same people who translate the GIMP translate GNOME, so they have been busy recently), and he will commit your changes.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France