RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Move Tool glitch

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Move Tool glitch PantsParty 27 Jun 00:28
  Move Tool glitch scl 27 Jun 03:07
   Move Tool glitch PantsParty 28 Jun 00:15
2014-06-27 00:28:02 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

Move Tool glitch

hey team

been running GIMP for years, now running version 2.8.10 on OS X 10.8.5

Now a very annoying glitch that was not present on 2.6 (the last version I ran). I use the scale tool to resize an item. Then I press 'M' to move the item. My cursor turns into some kind of bezier tool with a no-go symbol -- I'll attach a screenshot below -- and then I am unable to move anything. The only way to make that go away and get back my Move Tool is to quit and restart.

This is very aggravating! As I said before, I never had this problem until I got the latest build. This happens when I copy an image, paste it into another window and anchor the layer. It also happens when using the scale tool.

many thanks for any help! Paul

scl
2014-06-27 03:07:13 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Move Tool glitch

Hey user,

I can reproduce this exactly. The cause is that the Move tool is set to move paths but after scaling an item you are working on a floating selection. Therefore you see this cursor symbol and moving doesn't work. To solve this, go to the Move tool and in the first line of the tool properties dialog ('Move') click the first toggle button ('Layer'). Then try to move again.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Sven

2014-06-28 00:15:31 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

Move Tool glitch

Ah fantastic thanks Sven that solved it!

Hey user,

I can reproduce this exactly. The cause is that the Move tool is set to move paths but after scaling an item you are working on a floating selection. Therefore you see this cursor symbol and moving doesn't work. To solve this, go to the Move tool and in the first line of the tool properties dialog ('Move') click the first toggle button ('Layer'). Then try to move again.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Sven