RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Tools

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Tools Benjamin Mark 18 Jun 00:46
  Tools Alexandre Prokoudine 20 Jun 08:40
  Tools Akkana Peck 20 Jun 15:54
Benjamin Mark
2014-06-18 00:46:37 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Tools

Good evening,
I am an old photoshop user so I tend to think I will not need too much help. However ... I was messing with the default tools set-up and now it's gone. Can you tell me how to get the original tool set-up back.
Many thanks,
Benjamin Mark

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-06-20 08:40:31 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Tools

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:46 AM, Benjamin Mark wrote:

Good evening,
I am an old photoshop user so I tend to think I will not need too much help. However ... I was messing with the default tools set-up and now it's gone. Can you tell me how to get the original tool set-up back.

Hi Benjamin,

I'm not sure what you mean with that. Do you mean the set of tools in the tools toolbar? You can re-enable tools you need in the Edit/Preferences dialog, on the Toolbox page.

Or do you mean default dockable dialogs? In that case I suggest you check out http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-concepts-docks.html or watch a video like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y92W4ny4Fng

If that's not what you mean, please clarify.

Alex

Akkana Peck
2014-06-20 15:54:15 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Tools

Benjamin Mark writes:

Good evening,

One way to get ALL defaults back is to exit gimp and then rename your GIMP profile.

On Windows, I believe that's in C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8 but you can find out for sure by going to Edit->Preferences, expand the Folders category, and click on just about any category in there. You'll see a system location and a location inside your profile.

Now go to one level above your profile folder (e.g. C:\Users\"yourname") and rename the .gimp-2.8 folder to something else, like maybe .gimp-2.8.sav. Then run gimp again. It won't see your profile any more, and will create a new one, filled with all defaults.

If you had anything stored inside your old profile (brushes or plug-ins or whatever), you can move it over to the new one. That's the reason for renaming it rather than just deleting it.

...Akkana