RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Recent thumb browser tab

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Recent thumb browser tab akovia 18 Jun 20:17
akovia
2014-06-18 20:17:19 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Recent thumb browser tab

Hi,

I would like to request a feature but I'm not sure exactly what to request.

I work with a lot of xcf's and images at a time and it would be nice if I could save a session of open tabs, or even better, some way to manage projects. A project being a set of images including xcf's that I could hopefully browse the thumbs of and could open a single image from the project, or open them all.

When I'm in the middle of a project now and either have a gimp crash (rare), or have to reboot for a kernel update, I either have to write down all my open files, or save them all so they will be at the top of my document history to make it easy to reopen them. Either way is cumbersome and seems like there should be a better way.

Also, I feel like the document history tab could use some loving. The thumbs are very small and most of my file names are longer than what fits inside the tab without scrolling back and forth. I'd love to see resizable thumbs and an option to show thumbs only without any text. You can see the path and file name much better anyway when you hover the thumb, so it seems like wasted space to show it by default. This way you could have a grid of thumbs instead, allowing you to see much more of the history without scrolling forever.

So I guess in a perfect world, I would have a project management tab that would list my projects and could browse the thumbs of the project by selecting it from the list. Be able to add and remove files from a project. Have a default project/session that will ask if you want to restore all previously open tabs on restarting gimp. (Like a browser does) And of course having a better document history browser.

Would something like this benefit anyone else in their workflow?

--

akovia