RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Two problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Two problems Cux 29 May 05:09
  Two problems Alexandre Prokoudine 29 May 06:18
   Two problems R Kimber 29 May 16:47
2014-05-29 05:09:30 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

Two problems

I have topaz adjust in a zip file.i have run the zip file and run the program and now have topaz labs in my program files. But what do i do now to get it to open in gimp. Problem two. When i use a filter the pop up box comes up but the preview box is white ther is no preview of the image that i am useing. Could you please give details in plain terms as i am not a computer wizz kid. Thanks

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-05-29 06:18:49 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Two problems

29 мая 2014 г. 9:10 пользователь "Cux" написал:

I have topaz adjust in a zip file.

Topaz is only supported for Photoshop and Lightroom. It _is_ possible to use Photoshop plugins in GIMP, but only if those are in .8bf file format, and even then there's no guarantee.

Problem two. When i use a filter the pop up box comes up but the preview box is white ther is no preview of the image that i am useing.

Are you by any chance trying to apply the filter to a mask or a different layer? Check what's currently selected in the layers dialog.

Alexandre

R Kimber
2014-05-29 16:47:24 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Two problems

On Thu, 29 May 2014 10:18:49 +0400 Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

Topaz is only supported for Photoshop and Lightroom. It _is_ possible to use Photoshop plugins in GIMP, but only if those are in .8bf file format, and even then there's no guarantee.

Do you mean on Windows? Last time I looked there was no way of doing this on a 64bit linux system. Have things changed?

- Richard.

Richard Kimber