RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

missing Unicode chars in GIMP's interface?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

missing Unicode chars in GIMP's interface? Richard 21 May 00:01
  missing Unicode chars in GIMP's interface? Liam R E Quin 21 May 00:38
Richard
2014-05-21 00:01:15 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

This one's not necessarily GIMP specific, GIMP just happens to be the first example of it I have on hand: At the bottom of the image window, my Zoom listbox shows a missing Unicode symbol next to the displayed zoom level. E.g. instead of "100%" it shows "100 [2 0 0 ... ]" (the last digit is probably a 5 but it's cut off).

According to the Unicode standard manual, 2005 is a "four-per-em space" (compared to a regular, 0x0020 space which is synonymous with "2-per-em".)

This is the only location in GIMP where this happens -- all other interface text anywhere I can find displays fine. (This includes the View menu, where the various Zoom presets correctly show a %.)

It has been displaying like this for literally years (since at least 2.8.2) . Can I fix it on my end or should I file it as a bug?

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

Liam R E Quin
2014-05-21 00:38:25 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

On Tue, 2014-05-20 at 17:01 -0700, Richard wrote:

This one's not necessarily GIMP specific, GIMP just happens to be the first example of it I have on hand: At the bottom of the image window, my Zoom listbox shows a missing Unicode symbol next to the displayed zoom level. E.g. instead of "100%" it shows "100 [2 0 0 ... ]" (the last digit is probably a 5 but it's cut off).

Which version of GIMP exactly? Which Linux distribution? Which versions of libgtk and gdk? Pango?

Here are some spare ones for you :-) "     " - do they show up OK? And if so, which email client are you using to read this?

(there should be some of those spaces between the double quotes).

It's hard to help you debug further without knowing your exact environment, I'm afraid.

Liam

Liam Quin - XML Activity Lead, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Pictures from old books: http://fromoldbooks.org/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org freenode/#xml