RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New set of GIMP & G'MIC video tutorials

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New set of GIMP & G'MIC video tutorials dtschump_ 15 May 21:00
  New set of GIMP & G'MIC video tutorials DawnJBJ 24 Jan 23:55
2014-05-15 21:00:24 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

Hi there,

I just wanted to inform you that I've started to make some video tutorials about the use of the G'MIC plug-in for GIMP. I guess that it could interest some of you. Here's the link to the Youtube G'MIC channel : www.youtube.com/channel/UC05Y8hpbFOSQ4ivh01R_1AQ

These are quite short videos (3-4mn each) that illustrate how to perform certain tasks in GIMP. I have done already 6 episodes, which are :

#1 : Face Swap in GIMP using Seamless Blending. #2 : Using Pack Sprites Filter to Render a Cool Logo. #3 : Descreen Image using Fourier Transform. #4 : Easy Skin Softening in GIMP using G'MIC "Smooth Skin" Filter. #5 : Mimic Fractalius Effect in GIMP. #6 : Easy Image Montage in GIMP.

I'm planning to add more, if people are interested. If you have any ideas of things we could add, just let me know. Also, a new major version *1.5.9.0* of the G'MIC plug-in has been released yesterday :) Don't forget to update (or to install it if this is not already done!), at : http://gmic.sourceforge.net/gimp.shtml

Cheers,

David.

2015-01-24 23:55:33 UTC (about 9 years ago)
postings

Hi there,

I just wanted to inform you that I've started to make some video tutorials about the use of the G'MIC plug-in for GIMP. I guess that it could interest some of you. Here's the link to the Youtube G'MIC channel : www.youtube.com/channel/UC05Y8hpbFOSQ4ivh01R_1AQ

These are quite short videos (3-4mn each) that illustrate how to perform certain tasks in GIMP. I have done already 6 episodes, which are :

#1 : Face Swap in GIMP using Seamless Blending. #2 : Using Pack Sprites Filter to Render a Cool Logo. #3 : Descreen Image using Fourier Transform. #4 : Easy Skin Softening in GIMP using G'MIC "Smooth Skin" Filter. #5 : Mimic Fractalius Effect in GIMP. #6 : Easy Image Montage in GIMP.

I'm planning to add more, if people are interested. If you have any ideas of things we could add, just let me know. Also, a new major version *1.5.9.0* of the G'MIC plug-in has been released yesterday :) Don't forget to update (or to install it if this is not already done!), at : http://gmic.sourceforge.net/gimp.shtml

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

Thanks for your offer. I really would like to see how to make a cube with pictures on all sides and to have the cube like dice would roll. I have the cube made and I had it roll before GIMP was updated and now I am not sure how to do that again using G'MIC. Thanks again