RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Discussion/argument

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Discussion/argument Alf C Stockton 06 Sep 15:51
  Discussion/argument Carol Spears 06 Sep 18:05
   Discussion/argument Alexander Rabtchevich 06 Sep 18:32
    Discussion/argument Carol Spears 06 Sep 18:51
Alf C Stockton
2004-09-06 15:51:31 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Discussion/argument

May I suggest that this argument among developers be taken somewhere else rather than on the GIMP user email list ?

---

Regards, Alf Stockton www.stockton.co.za

Next Friday will not be your lucky day. As a matter of fact, you don't have a lucky day this year.

Carol Spears
2004-09-06 18:05:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Discussion/argument

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 01:51:31PM +0000, Alf C Stockton wrote:

May I suggest that this argument among developers be taken somewhere else rather than on the GIMP user email list ?

i dont think that the financial donations came from the developer list.

i think it is important to this group to see what their donations get them.

if there is not a problem with what luis's reasons for the current design of the gimp tool kit, then i should be given the same respect when i take this reason to the developers. that already did not happen.

how do you suggest i inform the people making donations for gimp developers to meet with gtk developers?

i believed that i was at a developer meeting. when i took the reasons i was given by the Ximian funded person to those developers, they -- well -- were as rude as they are now. i dont blame them. i suspected that it was a crappy answer.

what surprises me now is how what used to be my heros for gpl now worry that i might offend the guy with the 15 million in venture capital (which is probably gone now) who thinks that using microsoft designed software will help the free software movement.

we did not spend the volunteers money on kegs of very expensive lambic. we sent some industrious volunteers to a developer meeting.

i need to explain to the people who made the donations what happened to me there. i did not think i would also be exposing the gimp developers to be similarly minded, but it is good to know.

did you donate some money for gimp development, btw? you can. and as you can see, i am very energentic to make sure that these donations are not abused by say, Novell ....

carol

Alexander Rabtchevich
2004-09-06 18:32:55 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Discussion/argument

Carol

Sorry for my 2c. I thought gimp-user list was for supporting of GIMP users by themselves and GIMP developers and for asking developers about user's new ideas, not for flame wars :). I was wrong ;).

Maybe today it's time to drink a cup of tea (or coffee or something stronger), relax and stop thinking on File Selector? As for me, tomorrow my thoughts become clearer and better (and some of them become less significant than yesterday :( ). ;)

Carol Spears
2004-09-06 18:51:09 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Discussion/argument

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 07:32:55PM +0300, Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:

Carol

Sorry for my 2c. I thought gimp-user list was for supporting of GIMP users by themselves and GIMP developers and for asking developers about user's new ideas, not for flame wars :). I was wrong ;).

Maybe today it's time to drink a cup of tea (or coffee or something stronger), relax and stop thinking on File Selector? As for me, tomorrow my thoughts become clearer and better (and some of them become less significant than yesterday :( ). ;)

i am really not happy with this discussion going on for so long.

my problem with the developers is that when i took luis answer to them, they laughed me out of the discussion. or ruded me out.

the same answer that i am to accept from luis was not accepted by them.

there is a problem. and someone needs to ask the reason why where the people who have donated money reside. that is this list.

perhaps the developers could backtrack and work with what luis told me. as it stands, i am here because they seemed to think it was a screwed up approach to development. now i am asking why i got this answer from their end and why the same developers now protect the people who gave this to me.

the people who donated are right here, on the gimp-user list.

i have a lot of pride in this gnu application that has not received more than the funding of interested people, either from fsf or from individual donations.

my time investment got me a flight to norway (i also funded my own web server for my site for quite a while so there was a measureable percentage of my own small income supporting this free software idea). now i am asking why the answers i got there are not respected in the development community and i am asking so the people who donated the money can see.

either the response i got from luis be accepted and worked with when i take it to the developers (which did not happen -- no sir!) or someone needs to cover the money that the people contributed to get me there.

carol