RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Getting help with GimpShop

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Getting help with GimpShop Carol Higgins 11 Apr 21:04
  Getting help with GimpShop scl 12 Apr 03:40
Carol Higgins
2014-04-11 21:04:40 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Good afternoon,

I just downloaded GimpShop this afternoon and I am finding it very confusing, of course, as there is so much to it. One of the things that confuses me is that I don’t know if I have the right version for my computer. I ran across something on your website that says make sure you have the right version. I have Windows 7. How can I find out if I have the right version or not? I have already “ghosted” a photograph so I am wondering if that means I do have the right version?

When I click on the Help button, I get a message saying GNU Image Manipulation Program Plug-In has stopped working. It searches for a solution and then tells me the Plug-In crashed. I have tried it several times and keep getting the same message.

I use photos from My Pictures as stationery in Thunderbird. Sometimes they have too many very dark and very light colors in them to be used for a one color font, of course, so I like to ghost them. GimpShop changes them from jpeg I think and then Thunderbird can’t recognize. Is there any way to get them back into jpeg format so I can use them for stationery?

I thought you had a forum and thought I had joined it and it turned out to be a Gimp user list. I am not sure what that is. I was just looking for a place to ask questions like these. I am not terribly computer literate so often don’t understand what I am being told to do by the instructions and don’t even know what a lot of the terms refer to. I would appreciate any help if you can.

Thank you,

Carol Higgins chiggi6710@rogers.com

scl
2014-04-12 03:40:57 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On 11.4.2014 at 11:04 PM Carol Higgins wrote:> > I just downloaded GimpShop this afternoon and I am finding it very > confusing, of course, as there is so much to it. One of the things > that confuses me is that I don’t know if I have the right version for > my computer. I ran across something on your website that says make > sure you have the right version. I have Windows 7. How can I find > out if I have the right version or not? I have already “ghosted” a > photograph so I am wondering if that means I do have the right > version?

Hi Carol,

do you mean GIMP or GimpShop? GIMP is the original from our website while GimpShop is something different.

If you really mean GimpShop: Where did you get GimpShop from? You can't have got it from our website because it is clearly not supported by us. GIMPShop has started some years ago as GIMP fork with a Photoshop interface. But the project is discontinued and hijacked by people spreading malware. So you'd better uninstall it (and the malware it brought with it) and get the original GIMP from www.gimp.org/downloads. If you have problems doing it, I strongly recommend you to get help from a friend respectively computer expert.

Kind regards,

Sven