RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

UK English help won't open

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

UK English help won't open Richard Endecott 01 Apr 13:31
  UK English help won't open Mark Bourne 02 Apr 18:10
Richard Endecott
2014-04-01 13:31:06 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Hello GIMP People,

I hope this gets to the right place. Can someone who knows please pass on to the right person if necessary.

I installed 2.8.10 as I am trying to encourage a group of old English digital photography grumpies who aren't willing to push deep into their pockets and buy Elements. It would help when demonstrating procedures if we could all use the same software. I found that the UK english help manual is not 'seen' by Gimp but the US manual is.

We all live in a village where the broadband speed is lousy so using on-line help is too slow. Would it be so difficult for you to fix this it for the UK version to work?

Thanks, Dick Endecott.

Mark Bourne
2014-04-02 18:10:35 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Richard Endecott wrote:

Hello GIMP People,

I hope this gets to the right place. Can someone who knows please pass on to the right person if necessary.

I installed 2.8.10 as I am trying to encourage a group of old English digital photography grumpies who aren't willing to push deep into their pockets and buy Elements. It would help when demonstrating procedures if we could all use the same software. I found that the UK english help manual is not 'seen' by Gimp but the US manual is.

See:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list/2014-March/msg00150.html

We all live in a village where the broadband speed is lousy so using on-line help is too slow. Would it be so difficult for you to fix this it for the UK version to work?

Thanks, Dick Endecott.

I hope that helps.
Mark.