RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Is this like Photo Shop?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Is this like Photo Shop? Meredith Driscoll 13 Mar 12:53
  Is this like Photo Shop? Meredith Driscoll 13 Mar 14:15
   Is this like Photo Shop? Richard 13 Mar 15:53
    Is this like Photo Shop? Mark Morin 13 Mar 16:20
    Is this like Photo Shop? Mark Morin 13 Mar 16:22
Meredith Driscoll
2014-03-13 12:53:00 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Is this like Photo Shop?

Hi. I am new to Gimp and was lead here by friends who use this site. I need to design an invite to mail out for a non profit meeting. I have never used Photo Shop and friends mentioned I should try this site, but I am clueless as to where to start. I have downloaded an illustrated image from Istock to use in my invite. It is a PDF format.

I hope someone can help guide me through or give some tips.

Thanks so much,

Meredith

Meredith Driscoll
2014-03-13 14:15:10 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Is this like Photo Shop?

Wow! Thank you. I'll give it a shot. Much appreciated.
Meredith.
On Mar 13, 2014, at 8:53 AM, Meredith Driscoll wrote:

Hi. I am new to Gimp and was lead here by friends who use this site. I need to design an invite to mail out for a non profit meeting. I have never used Photo Shop and friends mentioned I should try this site, but I am clueless as to where to start. I have downloaded an illustrated image from Istock to use in my invite. It is a PDF format.

Thanks so much,

Meredith _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Richard
2014-03-13 15:53:33 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Is this like Photo Shop?

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:15:10 -0400 To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Is this like Photo Shop?

Meredith.

> Hi. I am new to Gimp and was lead here by friends who use this site. I need to design an invite to mail out for a non profit meeting. I have never used Photo Shop and friends mentioned I should try this site, but I am clueless as to where to start. I have downloaded an illustrated image from Istock to use in my invite. It is a PDF format.

Thanks so much,

Meredith _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list

...did you just reply to your own post, or is there an off-list reply somewhere that the rest of us on the list missed?

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

Mark Morin
2014-03-13 16:20:48 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Is this like Photo Shop?

On 3/13/2014 11:53 AM, Richard wrote:

Meredith.

> Hi. I am new to Gimp and was lead here by friends who use this site. I need to design an invite to mail out for a non profit meeting. I have never used Photo Shop and friends mentioned I should try this site, but I am clueless as to where to start. I have downloaded an illustrated image from Istock to use in my invite. It is a PDF format.

Thanks so much,

...did you just reply to your own post, or is there an off-list reply somewhere that the rest of us on the list missed?

--------------------

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Mark Morin
2014-03-13 16:22:49 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Is this like Photo Shop?

I replied off list (for some reason, thunderbird insists on sending using a mail server that puts me in the moderation cue). Maybe I got it fixed this time.

On 3/13/2014 11:53 AM, Richard wrote:

Meredith.

Thanks so much,

--------------------

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list