RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP TurboPrint2 error msg

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP TurboPrint2 error msg George-R 10 Mar 19:24
  GIMP TurboPrint2 error msg Michael Schumacher 10 Mar 19:36
   GIMP TurboPrint2 error msg George-R 10 Mar 20:19
    GIMP TurboPrint2 error msg Chris Mohler 11 Mar 04:10
     GIMP TurboPrint2 error msg Chris Mohler 11 Mar 04:11
      GIMP TurboPrint2 error msg George-R 12 Mar 06:07
2014-03-10 19:24:13 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

A GIMP error message pops-up when one clicks on the Print button in the Gimp-TurboPrint window. When one clicks on Valider (OK) the image is processed to the TurboPrint manager. The error message warns, "gnome-keyring: couldn't connecto to:/tmp/keyring-6egBLT/pkcs11" no such file or folder (my rough translation of "Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type". A later trial and the pop-message is the same except for the folder which is now named keyring-tibTve. I.e., the name of the folder changes but the file remains the same. Almost needless to say one finds neither folder in /tmp - however, I do have /tmp/keyring-zQAVIE and it has a pkcs11 file in it. I take it there is a GIMP configuration file that needs editing. N.B., I am unable to edit pkcs11.

My system has: • GIMP 2.8.10
• Gimp-TurboPrint v1.1.11 (Build 17 jan 2011) • TurboPrint 2.26-2 2012-07-30
• Linux Mint 13 Maya/Mate

Yes, my OS and apps run in French and the messages are a bit franglais but I suspect still easily understood in English.

If this is not the correct mailing list, please point me toward the proper one. If this problem has already been asked and answered, likewise, please point me toward its resolution.

Many thanks.

Michael Schumacher
2014-03-10 19:36:51 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On 10.03.2014 20:24, George-R wrote:

A GIMP error message pops-up when one clicks on the Print button in the Gimp-TurboPrint window. When one clicks on Valider (OK) the image is processed to the TurboPrint manager. The error message warns, "gnome-keyring: couldn't connecto to:/tmp/keyring-6egBLT/pkcs11" no such file or folder

Is Gimp-TurboPrint a third-party plug-in? Then you should ask its creators about this problem.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
2014-03-10 20:19:04 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

Is Gimp-TurboPrint a third-party plug-in? Then you should ask its creators about this problem.

Ah, the problem of plug-ins, when I ask at TurboPrint they suggest I ask at Gimp. Still, I do appreciate your reply and will attempt to track down the creators/maintainers of the plug-in. My guess is that it has not been maintained and so has fallen behind changes in the TurboPrint as well as, Ubuntu/Linux Mint and GIMP - or, perhaps simply GIMP.

And yet, the error message comes from GIMP so one nagging question remains, does GIMP have (or did it have) a gnome-keyring setting?

Chris Mohler
2014-03-11 04:10:27 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 3:19 PM, George-R wrote:

And yet, the error message comes from GIMP so one nagging question remains, does GIMP have (or did it have) a gnome-keyring setting?

My guess after a couple of quick searches is this is a problem between TurboPrint and gnome-keyring. AFAIK (and I'm no expert), GIMP doesn't interact with gnome-keyring when printing.

Are you sure gnome-keyring is even running? I'm not sure Mate starts it for you by default. See a similar issue: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=653011

But pretty sure this is either NOTABUG or NOTGNOME.

Chris

Chris Mohler
2014-03-11 04:11:35 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Heh - for some reason I thought this one came from Bugzilla. Forget the noise about 'NOTABUG/NOTGNOME'.

Chris

2014-03-12 06:07:09 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

Heh - for some reason I thought this one came from Bugzilla. Forget the noise about 'NOTABUG/NOTGNOME'.

Chris

Many thanks, Chris, for the leads and information. I too now suspect the problem lies with Mate and Gnome keyrings. Strangely, for me, Evolution seems to use the Mate keyring without problem. I have found the following two postings which I will examine closely and see if I can resolve my problem.

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/848

https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1005635

It is good to know that GIMP does not use the keyrings when printing.

At least TurboPrint2 still prints despite the error message. TurboPrint is the only piece of proprietary Linux software I have ever bought but it is well woth the cost.

Again, many thanks for your assistance.