RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Java Batch not working

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Java Batch not working Andreas Truszkowski 07 Mar 09:52
  Gimp Java Batch not working Andreas Truszkowski 07 Mar 09:54
   Gimp Java Batch not working Ofnuts 07 Mar 20:58
  Gimp Java Batch not working Kevin Payne 07 Mar 10:19
  Gimp Java Batch not working Kevin Cozens 07 Mar 16:30
Andreas Truszkowski
2014-03-07 09:52:27 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Hi there,

I am new to Gimp and first I want to thank the Gimp community for such a great application.

But here is my problem. I try to process images from within a Java application. When I run the assembled batch command the gimp console writes that the execution was successfull.

But actually nothing happens. Here is my Java code:

The resulting command line is:

"C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.8.exe" -i -b '(let* ((image (car (gimp-file-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE
"z:\test\26cf5abe-eaa1-4ddd-af04-3d9e59804ed2.png" "z:\test\26cf5abe-eaa1-4ddd-af04-3d9e59804ed2.png")))(drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image))))(plug-in-sobel RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable 1 1 1)(gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable "z:\test\test.png" "z:\test\test.png")(gimp-image-delete image))' -b '(gimp-quit 0)'

Executing this directly from command line does not fix the problem. Anyone a clue what I make wrong? Thank you in advance...

Kind regards, Andreas

Andreas Truszkowski
2014-03-07 09:54:27 UTC (about 10 years ago)

... the Java code :) :

File imageFile = new File(this.targetDir.getPath() + File.separator + UUID.randomUUID().toString() + ".png"); File testFile = new File(this.targetDir.getPath() + File.separator + "test.png");
Tools.compressJpegFile(imageFile, inImage, 1.0f); String argString = String.format("(let* ((image (car (gimp-file-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE \"%s\" \"%s\")))" + "(drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image))))" + "(plug-in-sobel RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable 1 1 1)" + "(gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable \"%s\" \"%s\")"
+ "(gimp-image-delete image))", imageFile.getPath(), imageFile.getPath(), testFile.getPath(), testFile.getPath()); String script = String.format("\"C:\\Program Files\\GIMP 2\\bin\\gimp-2.8.exe\" -i -b '%s' -b '(gimp-quit 0)'", argString); ProcessBuilder builder = new ProcessBuilder(script); builder.directory(this.targetDir); builder.redirectErrorStream(true); if (!this.isCancelled()) {
Process process = builder.start(); InputStream is = process.getInputStream(); InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(is); BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(isr); String line;
while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) { System.out.println(line); }
System.out.println("Program terminated!"); process.waitFor();
}

Kind regards,
Andreas

Am 07.03.2014 10:52, schrieb Andreas Truszkowski:

Hi there,

I am new to Gimp and first I want to thank the Gimp community for such a great application.

But here is my problem. I try to process images from within a Java application. When I run the assembled batch command the gimp console writes that the execution was successfull.

"C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.8.exe" -i -b '(let* ((image (car (gimp-file-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE
"z:\test\26cf5abe-eaa1-4ddd-af04-3d9e59804ed2.png" "z:\test\26cf5abe-eaa1-4ddd-af04-3d9e59804ed2.png")))(drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image))))(plug-in-sobel RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable 1 1 1)(gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable "z:\test\test.png" "z:\test\test.png")(gimp-image-delete image))' -b '(gimp-quit 0)'

Executing this directly from command line does not fix the problem. Anyone a clue what I make wrong? Thank you in advance...

Kind regards, Andreas
_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Kevin Payne
2014-03-07 10:19:07 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Try replacing the single quote marks ' with double quotes " and also escaping the escaping the existing double quotes inside the single quotes:

"C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.8.exe" -i -b "(let* ((image (car (gimp-file-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE \"z:\test\26cf5abe-eaa1-4ddd-af04-3d9e59804ed2.png\" ...

I'm not sure if you will also have to escape the backslashes in file name paths as well: \"z:\\test\\26cf5abe-eaa1-4ddd-af04-3d9e59804ed2.png\"

Kevin

Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 10:52:27 +0100 From: at_lists@gmx.de
To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: [Gimp-user] Gimp Java Batch not working

Hi there,

Kind regards, Andreas

Kevin Cozens
2014-03-07 16:30:32 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On 14-03-07 04:52 AM, Andreas Truszkowski wrote:

[snip]

Executing this directly from command line does not fix the problem. Anyone a clue what I make wrong?

The Scheme code looks correct, AFAICT. If in doubt, paste the code in to the Script-Fu console and see if it works as expected or if it spits out error messages.

If you run that code from a Windows command line you have to be aware of whether the \ characters are being seen as \ or if they are being used to escape the following character.

Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include  |             --Chris Hardwick
Ofnuts
2014-03-07 20:58:21 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On 03/07/2014 10:54 AM, Andreas Truszkowski wrote:

... the Java code :) :

File imageFile = new File(this.targetDir.getPath() + File.separator + UUID.randomUUID().toString() + ".png"); File testFile = new File(this.targetDir.getPath() + File.separator + "test.png");
Tools.compressJpegFile(imageFile, inImage, 1.0f); String argString = String.format("(let* ((image (car (gimp-file-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE \"%s\" \"%s\")))" + "(drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image))))" + "(plug-in-sobel RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable 1 1 1)"
+ "(gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable \"%s\" \"%s\")"
+ "(gimp-image-delete image))", imageFile.getPath(), imageFile.getPath(), testFile.getPath(), testFile.getPath()); String script = String.format("\"C:\\Program Files\\GIMP 2\\bin\\gimp-2.8.exe\" -i -b '%s' -b '(gimp-quit 0)'", argString); ProcessBuilder builder = new ProcessBuilder(script); builder.directory(this.targetDir); builder.redirectErrorStream(true); if (!this.isCancelled()) {
Process process = builder.start(); InputStream is = process.getInputStream(); InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(is); BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(isr); String line;
while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) { System.out.println(line); }
System.out.println("Program terminated!"); process.waitFor();
}

Kind regards,
Andreas

Am 07.03.2014 10:52, schrieb Andreas Truszkowski:

Hi there,

You should really use the |*ProcessBuilder *(List
> command)
contructor, that will give you more control on the parameters and let you avoid a lot of quoting and escaping. And instead of calling Gimp, make it call a small script/program that dumps its parameters to stdout. As far as I can tell you are using the Unix shell syntax (leading single quote) while the file names indicate you are on Windows...

You will also save you a lot of grief by making all your scheme code a small script. Once that works you can try to pack the whole script back in a parameter.

If you call gimp with -c you will get messages printed to the console (ie, stdout) instead of being displayed by the graphical UI

|