RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Tools setup disappeared

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Tools setup disappeared belljulia 25 Feb 13:12
  Tools setup disappeared Alexandre Prokoudine 25 Feb 15:11
2014-02-25 13:12:16 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

Tools setup disappeared

I opened gimpshop and my toolbox didn't pop up as it usually does. So I went to the the windows tab and manually opened it. When I did this, the regular tool buttons were all there, but at the bottom where it usually has the specifications it was empty. II says "you can drop dockable dialogs here." Also, when I click on the move tool, the separate tools option box usually opens where I can select which part of my screen I want to move....this is missing as well! I have no idea what happened or where it all went. I didn't do anything differently or change any settings the last time I was using it. I went to preferences and reset the toolbox to original settings and nothing changed. I need some help here, I need my tools back so I can work! Thanks!! I attached images of the way my toolbox & tools options now look.

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-02-25 15:11:22 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Tools setup disappeared

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:12 PM, belljulia wrote:

I opened gimpshop and my toolbox didn't pop up as it usually does. So I went to the the windows tab and manually opened it. When I did this, the regular tool buttons were all there, but at the bottom where it usually has the specifications it was empty. II says "you can drop dockable dialogs here." Also, when I click on the move tool, the separate tools option box usually opens where I can select which part of my screen I want to move....this is missing as well! I have no idea what happened or where it all went.

Windows -> Dockable Dialogs -> Tool Options

Once it appears, grab the title of the dialog that is right on top of the options (not the title of the window) and drop it where it says "Drop here".

http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-concepts-docks.html

Alexandre