RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Create a music ruler in GIMP?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Create a music ruler in GIMP? Keith Purtell 14 Feb 01:01
  Create a music ruler in GIMP? Alexandre Prokoudine 14 Feb 01:08
  Create a music ruler in GIMP? Ofnuts 16 Feb 01:21
Keith Purtell
2014-02-14 01:01:29 UTC (about 10 years ago)

I'm trying to create a custom template for writing out ideas for drum patterns. I'll start with a traditional five-line music staff that's 10 inches wide. I need to divide it precisely into 32 equa-distant points along the horizontal distance. Short vertical lines will show each point.

Is there a fast way to do this in GIMP other than positioning a draw tool like Pencil at each location (identified by the pixels at bottom of the GIMP screen) and drawing each one?

Keith Purtell

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-02-14 01:08:29 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 5:01 AM, Keith Purtell wrote:

I'm trying to create a custom template for writing out ideas for drum patterns. I'll start with a traditional five-line music staff that's 10 inches wide. I need to divide it precisely into 32 equa-distant points along the horizontal distance. Short vertical lines will show each point.

Ruler live path effect in Inkscape allows to do things like that. I haven't heard of a similar solution for GIMP.

Although I can't for the life of me imagine why you would not choose something like Tuxguitar or MuseScore instead :)

Alexandre

Ofnuts
2014-02-16 01:21:35 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On 02/14/2014 02:01 AM, Keith Purtell wrote:

Is there a fast way to do this in GIMP other than positioning a draw tool like Pencil at each location (identified by the pixels at bottom of the GIMP screen) and drawing each one?

Keith Purtell

Filters/Render/Pattern/Grid, if you can determine the spacing beforehand.